DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Trace and Parallel

ZaphodFtW

Reactions
Hi, all. Posting this in the Mavic 3 forum specifically because it seems as if the different DJI models' firmware all approach Active Track a bit differently.

My drone: Mavic 3, non-Cine. RC-N1 controller with iPhone. All firmware is up to date.

To the question. The user manual, page 23-24, makes a distinction between Active Track Trace and Active Track Parallel. The descriptions of the two modes don't really distinguish one from the other much except by noting that in Parallel the drone tracks the subject from the side; in Trace, the subject is tracked from any of 8 directions including the side.

In the DJI Fly mobile app there is no selection for "Trace" or "Parallel" that I can find. Active Track is simply one of three options that appear when you highlight a subject (Spotlight, POI, Active Track). When Active Track is selected, the direction wheel selection determines the angle from which the drone tracks the subject, but that's it: there is no distinction between, or selection for, Trace and Parallel.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme