DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active tracking & sport mode

Aquarium_5

Reactions
Hello, can someone please confirm whether it is possible to use active tracking or follow me in sport mode? If so, how? Every time I switch to sport mode the option to intelligent features disappears. Thanks!

It's not possible to use Sport Mode and ActiveTrack or Follow Me together.

Why??????????????
I bought mavic air solely for shooting Trans European Trail with my adventure motorbike. My average speed on the trail is about 20-30mph. Mavic air DOES NOT keep up in active track! I ride alone, active track and size was the decision maker when choosing the right drone.

This is becoming frustrating. Mavic pro and spark fly much faster in active track and I was expecting the mavic air would perform the same or even better. Fact about the speed (17mph) in smart flight modes was not even mentioned in Mavic air technical spec. If I knew that, mavic air would not be on my desk today!

On Mavic pro series the software upgrade to fly faster in active track was released few month after sales started. I hope that this option will be enabled through an upgrade in the coming months?

Last edited:
I would try switching from mph or kph to mps my pro flew faster in meters per sec for some reason

I usually get around a 61% speed increase when I switch from mph to kph.

;)

Reactions: MavicCF
Tested in mph, m/s and kph. The tracking speed in active track mode is the same in all three settings.
About 30-32 kph, 8 m/s and about 17 mph :-(

Tested in mph, m/s and kph. The tracking speed in active track mode is the same in all three settings.
About 30-32 kph, 8 m/s and about 17 mph :-(
That's as fast as I've ever got as well, my drone gets lost in active track, even in winter when everything is white and I'm the in only color on a frozen pond, side never be able to use my mavic on dirt bike.

Check out this video at around 5:56 minute:
I believe this is much faster than 30 kph. Spark is flying 30mph in this video around 3:00 minute mark:

I think I have seen in the parameters a way to a) allow active track while in Sport mode.

I think I have seen in the parameters a way to a) allow active track while in Sport mode.

Great news Strobing_NYC.
Can you be please more specific about how to activate sport mode in active track? Much ablidged in advance :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura