DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Tracks... no lock on

KingRat

Reactions
I cannot for the life of me get my Air to lock on for Active Track.... I have watched and watched the tutorials (i have them saved because DJI have taken them down). I have also watched You toob tutorials and reviews of this mode.... I must be leaving something out, or I am not quite setting it up right.

I tried to get the drone to film my boat yesterday, took off, hovered at about 20 feet high, because I had to ensure it would clear the bankside vegetation and odd tree.
Got the green square drawn, got the 'GO' to pop up.
Set off down the navigation (man made river), it stayed with me for about 10 yards, then lost me. I tried again with a fresh battery, because I used 15 minutes on that first attemopt, launching, getting in position and setting up the Active Track mode. This time from a different perspective. Still didn't work very well.

Any ideas what I am missing out or why this is happening please?

I cannot for the life of me get my Air to lock on for Active Track.... I have watched and watched the tutorials (i have them saved because DJI have taken them down). I have also watched You toob tutorials and reviews of this mode.... I must be leaving something out, or I am not quite setting it up right.

I tried to get the drone to film my boat yesterday, took off, hovered at about 20 feet high, because I had to ensure it would clear the bankside vegetation and odd tree.
Set off down the navigation (man made river), it stayed with me for about 10 yards, then lost me. I tried again with a fresh battery, because I used 15 minutes on that first attemopt, launching, getting in position and setting up the Active Track mode. This time from a different perspective. Still didn't work very well.

Are you using just your phone, or the remote control and phone?

It might just be that you’re moving too fast. My Air used to struggle to keep up with me on my bike some times.

I have got a couple of clips that it recorded, which might help... now I have to work out how to process them so I can post them here!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000