DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Volcano - Indonesia

I would have loved to see that too, what was the hile like to the summit and did you have guides or? What does one do to be able to safely do that? As an old geology student myself, it would have been awesome to see something like that too. Any interest in rendering uour images in 3D?

I would have loved to see that too, what was the hile like to the summit and did you have guides or? What does one do to be able to safely do that? As an old geology student myself, it would have been awesome to see something like that too. Any interest in rendering uour images in 3D?

It’s quite an easy hike. You walk through an old lava flow through vegetation and then end up on this moon like landscape. The crater is in the saddle of the volcano and there is no real need to go to the summit. Grass is so high at the summit that you don’t have a view anyway. We do this trek unguided, I live close to this volcano and we have been there several times. This volcano smokes all the time but the last real eruption was in 2011, when lava came out. There is a station that continuously checks the status of the mountain and if you are allowed to go up or not. It’s always good to check with them but usually we just go up. How would the 3D rendering work and what would the result be?

Reactions: AMann
It’s quite an easy hike. You walk through an old lava flow through vegetation and then end up on this moon like landscape. The crater is in the saddle of the volcano and there is no real need to go to the summit. Grass is so high at the summit that you don’t have a view anyway. We do this trek unguided, I live close to this volcano and we have been there several times. This volcano smokes all the time but the last real eruption was in 2011, when lava came out. There is a station that continuously checks the status of the mountain and if you are allowed to go up or not. It’s always good to check with them but usually we just go up. How would the 3D rendering work and what would the result be?

Mapping it would allow you to get really good measurements and imagery of it- useful for anyone interested in studying it or for graphic use. You could even sell footage on appropriate photostock sites - but as a hobby, I enjoy documenting landforms and such in 3D.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580