DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ActiveTrack Problem

Jazzy Joe

Reactions
Hi guys,

Jazzy Joe from Slovakia reporting for service – this is my first post in this forum.

In one of my first M2P flights, I tried ActiveTrack on a beautiful M140i with 400 hp:).

At around 0.06, I locked in on the car in Trace Mode and started messing around with the on-screen arrow/slider to adjust the point of view. The drone started moving sideways to circumvent the car with no stick input (I consider this to be normal behavior), but all of a sudden, it accelerated rapidly kamikaze style with a 45-60 degree tilt on the roll axis and almost flipped over (I saw it from the car). Then, it miraculously recovered and stopped on a dime. The gimbal started shaking like heck (can be seen in the video) and I received a “gimbal overload” warning in the GO 4 app. I let the drone hover on the spot and safely hand-landed it in the field.

Can anyone explain what happened? Was I too low for this mode? Did I force it too far with the arrow (shouldn’t there be a failsafe to prevent this)? Why did the drone tilt to the side? Why was the gimbal shaking so heavily?

I was flying in P, I did calibrate the compass and everything else was nominal (open field, no metal structures, trees etc.).

Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3