DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adapt video to audio or audio to video?

Reactions
Hello all,
I recently purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller for $1,150 (Had to put that in there to show off the great price ?. Anyway, I was wondering if when you're editing video, do you adapt video to the audio, or do you choose audio based on what you've made the video into. Let me try to explain. You know how in many videos they'll have semi tranquil music of beautiful landscape and then the music starts to build up, and you get closer to the main subject, but don't totally reveal it yet. And then the music reaches the climax and goes into some dramatic audo trend which is when you reveal the main subject. When creating such a video, do you adapt the video so that you reveal the main subject when the audio reaches it's climax, or do you create your own audio to suit the video that you already made? I hope I made that clear enough to get the point across, but just reading over it is confusing even me.?

For me I usually start the editing and see how it goes and how it feels, then I start to think about the music I want to use... so video first, audio after.... then I try to talor the video a bit more to the music after I've decided.

Thant being said I have made videos before specifically for a certain song, I guess that would be my exception :)

I use Oak Studios and their tracks are available free on YouTube. Just be sure to give them credit in your video.

One trick is to roughly sync the music highlight with the video where you like. You can then cut off the beginning and end of the music and fade in and out with the sound to fit the video.

If trying to sync beats with transitions, seems you will need to make the video cuts follow the music.

Personally, I thought that was too much work and it did not fit my style of editing. Consequently, I find some mellow or ambient track that I like where it generally fits the theme.
I pick a track that is a little longer than my video and just run credits at the end to fill out the rest of the music.

Likely some better tricks and suggestions coming.

Just a short example here. Playing the music longer than the video allows you to insert the YouTube cards at the end. However, I got this music a little long.

If you use Premiere Pro for editing, see
for a suggested method for syncing audio with video.

YouTube has several other videos discussing the topic.

Hello all,
I recently purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller for $1,150 (Had to put that in there to show off the great price ?. Anyway, I was wondering if when you're editing video, do you adapt video to the audio, or do you choose audio based on what you've made the video into. Let me try to explain. You know how in many videos they'll have semi tranquil music of beautiful landscape and then the music starts to build up, and you get closer to the main subject, but don't totally reveal it yet. And then the music reaches the climax and goes into some dramatic audo trend which is when you reveal the main subject. When creating such a video, do you adapt the video so that you reveal the main subject when the audio reaches it's climax, or do you create your own audio to suit the video that you already made? I hope I made that clear enough to get the point across, but just reading over it is confusing even me.?
What you are asking is a true art form! The selection of music that you can use is critical. Once you select the music that is appropriate for your show, you can easily adjust the music on the time line by dragging the clip to where you want to accentuate the drama. They give out Oscars for those who do this the best!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair