DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Add Mavic 2 Pro to my done collection

Palerider

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom with all the extras (i.e. more batteries, stealth props, excellent battery charger and cool carrying case.) I've been waiting patiently for the Mavic 3 Pro or whatever DJI will call it. I'm thinking about adding the Mavic 2 Pro. It would be a perfect fit with all the equipment I currently have. I could also include the smart controller for cheaper than the cost of a Mavic 3. My main need for a Mavic 2 Pro is for filming in low light conditions.

I have a few of questions:

1) Is it a good idea to buy the Mavic 2 Pro now?

2) Should I wait for the Mavic 3?

3) Should I buy the Mavic 2S?

4) Will the Mavic 2 Pro or the Mavic 2S be useless once the new remote ID laws start?

Thanks fellow pilots. I need to be sure I'm making the right choice.

I cant say what is right for you to buy but I can share my opinion on the items.
1) If you have the resources, its still a fantastic option for daytime use when you need a more pro result.

2) You could wait but if you need it now that won't work. If the reason to buy is a better drone than you already have you might wait but again that is budget related. If I needed what the Pro 2 could do I would buy one now and then buy the 3 when its out.

3) I really like my 2S, its a nice update to the Air 2. The 1" sensor is very capable. DJI did not want to obsolete the Pro 2 so some things are missing like adjustable aperture but generally its a lot of drone for the money.

4) Once remote ID is ready, there will be 3rd parties making devices that can be added to the drone to meet the requirements. It will be a while before its integrated fully. You will be able to add a module to meet the needs of the requirement.

I dont have a business need for the 2 Pro now and won't for the 3 but I just might be interested in owning one, it should be by all accounts a very capable drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123