DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Added safety. Mark waypoint(s) at the takeoff site?

lomposlapos

Reactions
Does this make sense?

Before takeoff, or after takeoff while the AC still above, I add a waypoint (or 2 waypoints next to each other) at 50 m height, right next to the takeoff site. In case of trouble, RTH failure, as an additional layer of safety, I can activate this waypoint plan and the AV will return direct.

I cant see how this would help - the common failure modes that would lead to RTH failing would also stop waypoints.

As long as you set a home point prior to takeoff manually, verify it on the map, verify distance to home point is 0 and check the orientation on the map/radar i dont see anything adding waypoints would do to help.

Does this make sense?

Before takeoff, or after takeoff while the AC still above, I add a waypoint (or 2 waypoints next to each other) at 50 m height, right next to the takeoff site. In case of trouble, RTH failure, as an additional layer of safety, I can activate this waypoint plan and the AV will return direct.
Here’s the thing. If you can’t manually fly it and RTH doesn’t work I don’t see how waypoints is gonna work... I feel like you are just gonna be kinda blowing battery life setting up waypoints and if there’s an emergency you aren’t gonna have time to initiate waypoints.

RTH is meant to be this failsafe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ