DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding GPS

normans1

Reactions
I would like to add GPS to my drone but have questions. I can find pos. neg. and RX1 but not TX1. What terminal should I connect TX1, image included.

Attachments

• 20200808_164200.jpg
    20200808_164200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
I would like to add GPS to my drone but have questions. I can find pos. neg. and RX1 but not TX1. What terminal should I connect TX1, image included.

Welcome to the forum. What kind of drone is that? Did it come with GPS built in originally? You'll probably need to provide more info.

Does it even support GPS?

The RX1 pin on the flight controller looks more like the firmware programming port.

I know nothing about flying drones. I want to start with an inexpensive drone, learn more about betaflight, flight controllers and how to add/expand them then move up/ build a more expensive drone.

The x5 is a great drone to learn basics on. basically indestructible. It does not support GPS.

Depending on your price range, just following the online reviews for any of the gps enabled "toy" grade drones (say less than $250) from amazon should be the cheapest next step up to a gps drone. But the quality of those drones are considerably different than a dji drone. Same for the cost.

Good luck in your search.

I know nothing about flying drones. I want to start with an inexpensive drone, learn more about betaflight, flight controllers and how to add/expand them then move up/ build a more expensive drone.
This forum is geared towards owners of DJI drones which aren't really expandable/customizable and don't use Betaflight. You'd be better off checking out the sister forum DroneRacingPilots.com where they are more familiar with the info that you're asking for.

There are videos on YouTube showing how to build a quad for as little as $100(US) which may also be of help to get you started. You'd still need a transmitter (controller) and some way to view the video feed from the FPV camera. I used a cheap video receiver connected to an old phone before I bought goggles.

Also, a simulator is extremely helpful in learning how to fly this type of quad.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS