Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADS-B vs. non-ADS-B model

• Thread starter Deleted member 126802
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 126802

Hello
Two weeks ago I got my MA2 from an Austrian store.
Today I noticed, that I have the non-ADS-B model (MA2UE1N). I didn't know there are models without AirSense. I wanted one with AirSense.
Can I somehow trade my non-ADS-B model for one with AirSense?

Hallo
The Airsense Model will by now only delivered tu US. not Europe
But are You happy to know when an Airplane flying in 12000m at a diestance of 23 km towards You and You are at 110m ?
Greetings from Switzerland

• Haha
Reactions: GadgetGuy
personally i think that the Airsense version is a bit of a gimmick to satisfy the rule makers ,simply because the drone is capable of being flown illegally above the current height limits and its to add another level of perceived protection, i have no issue with the safety aspect of the system ,and probably in the US given the large amount of small aircraft and microlights that occupy the airspace, and the number of small unmanned and private airstrips ,then it could help with preventing a mid air collision,in the UK where i mostly fly i think it would be a distaction if it flashed up on the screen every time a jet from Cardiff airport 30 miles away flew over my neck of the woods ,at an altitude i would never be able to reach

Short backstory:
I'm living in a rural area in the alps of Austria. Two days ago I flew my drone at about 200m obove my head when suddenly a small aircraft passed by very low. (veeeeery close to my drone).
I was really worried that I would hit that aircraft.

I was so shocked that I do not touch or fly my MA2 again. :-(

Reactions: sokos
Hello
Today I noticed, that I have the non-ADS-B model (MA2UE1N). I didn't know there are models without AirSense. I wanted one with AirSense.

You would have to ask the store.

Hello

you live in Austria, right? As per DJI Support, ADS-B / Airsense Won't work outside US,

you live in Austria, right? As per DJI Support, ADS-B / Airsense Won't work outside US,

Just to clarify - it should work anywhere since all it relies on is receiving ADS-B aircraft transmissions. It just isn't being sold outside the US.

Reactions: Davros007
Just to clarify - it should work anywhere since all it relies on is receiving ADS-B aircraft transmissions. It just isn't being sold outside the US.
I agree if the drone has it installed it should work worldwide

I already contacted the DJI Support to ask whether the ADS-B Airsense will work outside the USA , As per DJI Support it will not work.

See our conversation below.

By the way I lived few kilometer's away from the airport and I don't received any warning from nearby aircraft.

airsense 1.png

Reactions: EQUANT
I already contacted the DJI Support to ask whether the ADS-B Airsense will work outside the USA , As per DJI Support it will not work.

See our conversation below.

By the way I lived few kilometer's away from the airport and I don't received any warning from nearby aircraft.

View attachment 103236

Yes - and of course they could have disabled display of ADS-B data when the aircraft detects that it is outside the US, but I've already seen a couple of reports from people using the US version in Europe and receiving data. I suspect that's another misinformed DJI response.

Reactions: KarMann
Odd that DJI would say it doesn't work outside the US (they should probably say North America as Canada also receives the ADS-B version) as ADS-B is being implemented worldwide. From ( Automatic dependent surveillance – broadcast - Wikipedia ) - " ADS–B is being incorporated in various jurisdictions worldwide. ". If it's inoperable outside North America, then it's because DJI has made it so.

Yes - and of course they could have disabled display of ADS-B data when the aircraft detects that it is outside the US, but I've already seen a couple of reports from people using the US version in Europe and receiving data. I suspect that's another misinformed DJI response.

Yes i hope so, and i believe that if the aircraft has a transmitter of ads-b and the drone's has a receiver of ads-b, It will automatically pop-up a warning on our map when there is a nearbty aircraft flying..

Unfortunately i have a missing option, on my Setting> SAFETY > Advance safety setting> if you scroll on the bottom you will able to see the switch button for air sense, But for me that part is missing i don't see it.

Tried to spoof my location on USA now it works I had an AirSence aerial disclaimer to enable air sense.

Yes i hope so, and i believe that if the aircraft has a transmitter of ads-b and the drone's has a receiver of ads-b, It will automatically pop-up a warning on our map when there is a nearbty aircraft flying..

Unfortunately i have a missing option, on my Setting> SAFETY > Advance safety setting> if you scroll on the bottom you will able to see the switch button for air sense, But for me that part is missing i don't see it.

Tried to spoof my location on USA now it works I had an AirSence aerial disclaimer to enable air sense.

Are you saying that you have a non-US MA2 that now has working Airsense after you spoofed your location? Or was it purchased in the US and you are using it outside the US?

Are you saying that you have a non-US MA2 that now has working Airsense after you spoofed your location? Or was it purchased in the US and you are using it outside the US?

Sorry if i can't explain it clearly in english my bad.

It was purchased in US and I'm using it outside the US.

The thing is when i watched the youtuber BILLY KYLE how the airsense is working, during his flight there is a Aircraft nearby flying and it gave a warning that a manned aircraft is Flying nearby.

On my case i didn't receiver any warnings , Upon searching i saw a video that there is a switch button for airsense, But on my Setting that switch for airsense is missing.

Then tried spoofing my location to us, I'm doing that inside my house of course so that it can't received GPS signal. Then it gave me a disclaimer to enable airsense...

So basically if i'm not mistaken on my theory , IF the MA2 is on FCC Mode the airsense will also Enabled.

Sorry if i can't explain it clearly in english my bad.

It was purchased in US and I'm using it outside the US.

The thing is when i watched the youtuber BILLY KYLE how the airsense is working, during his flight there is a Aircraft nearby flying and it gave a warning that a manned aircraft is Flying nearby.

On my case i didn't receiver any warnings , Upon searching i saw a video that there is a switch button for airsense, But on my Setting that switch for airsense is missing.

Then tried spoofing my location to us, I'm doing that inside my house of course so that it can't received GPS signal. Then it gave me a disclaimer to enable airsense...

So basically if i'm not mistaken on my theory , IF the MA2 is on FCC Mode the airsense will also Enabled.

Okay - understood. So even though Airsense works outside the US with a US model, the firmware appears to disable it unless you spoof it. That makes me wonder if a non-US model used in the US would have working Airsense - I haven't seen anything posted on that. In other words is it a hardware difference or just a firmware switch?

Reactions: KarMann
In other words is it a hardware difference or just a firmware switch?
I was under the impression that only the US got airesense because of the lack of ADS–B hardware in the non-us versions because they ran out of parts.

I was under the impression that only the US got airesense because of the lack of ADS–B hardware in the non-us versions because they ran out of parts.

I don't know about running out of parts, but the implication certainly seemed to be that the non-US versions lacked the hardware. But if that were the case, why would it be disabled in US versions operating elsewhere? We need an example of a non-US MA2 operated in the US to answer this.

MA2UE1N(non ADSB) doent have ADSB sensor , so even US location does not change anything in this matter:)
DJI fly - safety - air sense option is missing

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo