DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADS

Pilot Adam

Reactions
Any of you pilots have ADS not detect aircraft, flying at low altitudes? It's like "surprise!"

I fly in Class G airspace and most aircraft do have the transmitter, but some of them don't.

It's usually the weekend warriors flying their aircraft from private strips in the area and they don't show up on the ADS alert.

But what does show up is the eyes and EARS of a drone pilot.

I can hear a helicopter or the trio of vintage biplanes that fly in my area long before they show up in "my" airspace to take corrective actions.

Always be aware. :)

Thanks for the responses. I'm just checking in it's abilities.
Thank goodness for noisy aircraft props, etc.

Thanks for the responses. I'm just checking in it's abilities.
Thank goodness for noisy aircraft props, etc.
It really depends on where you are flying. I've had noisy crop dusters and other low flying aircraft happen upon me so quickly it is sometimes difficult to get out of the way. Had a guy come off a lake & fly right past my Mavic within less than 50 feet. Many times I fly off an active runway and sometimes you can't hear a fixed wing plane coming in to land. At that airport they don't allow a single person to fly RC stuff just because of that. Got to have a spotter. But overall just following the rules, keeping my quad in sight as well as being aware of the surrounding and scanning the skies is enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98