DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advanced charging hub

Jacobegg

Reactions
I just bought the advanced charging hub as well as a p4 charger to use with it. I'll give my reviews and thoughts on it when I receive.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

To fully take advantage of the advanced battery charging hub, you'll also need to pick up the following items:
With the addition of these two items, you'll be able to charge 4 batteries in 2.5 hours (instead of 4 hours).

Last edited:
To fully take advantage of the advanced battery charging hub, you'll also need to pick up the following items:
With the addition of these two items, you'll be able to charge 4 batteries in 2.5 hours (instead of 4 hours).

I believe I read on their website that the charging times with the p4 charger(100w) is at 2 hours and 20 minutes. Also the mavic charger (50w) charging time is at 5 hours and 10 minutes.
My assumption is that is from 15%-100%. I have 6 batteries so having to charging hubs will be helpful.

I believe I read on their website that the charging times with the p4 charger(100w) is at 2 hours and 20 minutes. Also the mavic charger (50w) charging time is at 5 hours and 10 minutes.
As stated here on DJI's website:

"Charge Time* (Four Batteries): 4 hrs 10 mins (Mavic Charger); 3 hrs 15 mins (Mavic Car Charger); 2 hrs 30 mins (Phantom 4 Charger / Car Charger)"

As stated here on DJI's website:

"Charge Time* (Four Batteries): 4 hrs 10 mins (Mavic Charger); 3 hrs 15 mins (Mavic Car Charger); 2 hrs 30 mins (Phantom 4 Charger / Car Charger)"

Now this has a bit confused. Below I have 3 different places that mention these charging times. They are roughly the same but slightly different. In these pictures you can see the charging times that we both mentioned. I mean charging time aside they both do the same thing. I'm just confused on everything DJI said lol.

82cf2b613a0620e3a4efa71af639b142.jpg
5b59cff225fd65c4c06144a3f920de74.jpg
54712c4d240a9551e23ce07de0b831b4.jpg

Is the car charger faster because of a higher output of the power socket of a car? Reason I'm asking is because my Tahoe has an actual 3-prong power outlet (shown in photo). If I plug my standard charger and charging hub to my Tahoe's 3-prong outlet, will it charge my 4 batteries in approx. 3 hours as opposed to 4 hours in my house?

IMG_4152.JPG

Is the car charger faster because of a higher output of the power socket of a car? Reason I'm asking is because my Tahoe has an actual 3-prong power outlet (shown in photo). If I plug my standard charger and charging hub to my Tahoe's 3-prong outlet, will it charge my 4 batteries in approx. 3 hours as opposed to 4 hours in my house?

View attachment 5944

Yes I believe the car charger has a slightly higher output making it charge faster.

Yes I believe the car charger has a slightly higher output making it charge faster.

View attachment 5944

That a negative there ghost rider.

The 3 prong in your car is more or less the same in your house. The car charger for the Mavic would need to be plugged into that right side 12v 'cigarette lighter' on your Tahoe to cut down the charge time.

Yea that's what I meant haha. He just worded it a lot better than I did.
So would the order of fasting charging cables would be this? (Slowest to fastest)
Mavic charger
Mavic car charger
P4 car charger (with adv hub)
P4 charger (with adv hub)

Yea that's what I meant haha. He just worded it a lot better than I did.
So would the order of fasting charging cables would be this? (Slowest to fastest)
Mavic charger
Mavic car charger
P4 car charger (with adv hub)
P4 charger (with adv hub)

Well according to the screenshots above DJI pegs the P4 car charger and wall charger with the same charging time using the advanced hub. I haven't dug into the details on those chargers, but I'd have to assume the wattage must be the same or very close on them.

Thanks. And now I know why: Car charger is faster than normal charger?

But I don't know why DJI did it that way. Why not design house charger to output 6A like the car charger, instead of 3.83A?

The only thing I can think of is that the wall charger uses 2.1A dedicated for the 2 USB ports?

My car charger isn't with me right now, it doesn't have USB ports does it? Maybe they took the exact same power system for both but regulated part of the output for the USB even if nothing is plugged into them?

The math almost works out (3.83+2.1=5.93A), maybe the other .07A is to power the USB chipset...

Edit: ok so now that I read the back of the wall charger it says 2.0A for the USB. So .17 not accounted for, but my theory still stands.

Reactions: dsd317
Just did a little more math on the advanced hub with the phantom charger. Stated 2hr30min for 4 batteries.

That's 36 minutes for each battery if we assume all started at the same %. That's fast!

I did pick up the fstop Yx charger that has the 3 battery connectors a few weeks ago. I use it when I need to get out the door asap. My guess is it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a parallel charger that performes at the advanced hub level.

View attachment 5944

No, as I'm guessing the three pin on you dash, is fed through an inverter giving you mains voltage.
So no it will charge at the same speed as you get at home, plus it's very inefficient to use an inverter to step up the voltage, just to then step it back down again.

Use your car charger in the 12 volt accessories socket on your dashboard :)

Been parallel charging for many years. I still have yet to receive my Mavic ( this Friday ) so I'm basing this on information that I have personally not verified. The Mavic battery's are 3830Mah and can be charged at 2C. That's 7660 mah's or 7.6amps. If your charging 2 battery's in parallel you will need a minimum of 15.2amps and better would be a 20 amp power supply. Both battery's should charge safely and in about 45 minutes!
I still need to confirm the 2C charge rate but that sounds to be correct. The Yx charger that is available is charging at a much lower "C" rate because it is parallel charging 3 battery's and does not have the available amperage to do this at 2C. Therefore the overall charging time is considerably longer. Can't wait to start digging into this Mavic!

Been parallel charging for many years. I still have yet to receive my Mavic ( this Friday ) so I'm basing this on information that I have personally not verified. The Mavic battery's are 3830Mah and can be charged at 2C. That's 7660 mah's or 7.6amps. If your charging 2 battery's in parallel you will need a minimum of 15.2amps and better would be a 20 amp power supply. Both battery's should charge safely and in about 45 minutes!
I still need to confirm the 2C charge rate but that sounds to be correct. The Yx charger that is available is charging at a much lower "C" rate because it is parallel charging 3 battery's and does not have the available amperage to do this at 2C. Therefore the overall charging time is considerably longer. Can't wait to start digging into this Mavic!

I think you are right that the Mavic batteries can be charged at 2C. The Yx is 4.5A per dongle (x3 for a combined 13.5A output from the chipset on the Yx) which is a little better than the 3.83A of the Mavic wall charger but less than the 6A of the Mavic car charger.

There are some parallel chargers out there I've seen that cheat the specs and oscillate the amperage between two batteries. I've got a eFest Luc v4 for 18650's that says it will charge 4 batteries at 1A, but in reality there are only 2 channels that each work at 1A. It oscillates between the 2 batteries on the channel at 60hz (here in the USA) at 1A, aka cheating the specs. Hope that we don't get duped on future chargers like that.

I'd say the Yx works at 1C given the Mah of the batteries and the output amperage of the Yx.

And Friday will be here before you know it! Enjoy!

Reactions: iFlyForFun
View attachment 6001

My little power supply, only 23amps available but good for all my small stuff! Actually charging a few 1s 3.7volt battery's

LOL...you just reminded me of my first time messing with 8000mah lipos....10 years ago! It was a blast....and I think I may still have my converted PC power supply and Hyperion charger somewhere in my garage. Do you think that could still be of any use for DJI P3P and Mavic stuff?
4157_1078353156781_4866605_n.jpg

4157_1078350516715_677640_n.jpg

Reactions: iFlyForFun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose