DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advantages of p4p over the Mavic?

Fireblade

Reactions
obviously the camera, and I believe the flight time, but is that pretty much it? Just curious if there are other things I missed

In addition to what was mentioned above:
  • RTH mode that allows the Phantom to follow the previously traveled flight path until the signal reconnects
  • An optional built-in in display in the remote controller
It also shares the other great features of the P4 that come with a drone with a larger form factor. For example:
  • It sits higher off the ground -- preventing the sensors & camera from touching the ground
  • There are more options for attaching 3rd part accessories (e.g. trackers)
  • The remote controller is built to properly hold a tablet of nearly any size
  • The remote controller battery can last 20+ flights
  • It's easier/safer to hand launch/catch
  • It handles better in strong winds
  • The gimbal has more protection

I have a Marco Polo tracker, but haven't tried attaching it to my Mavic yet. I'm still trying to hunt down the best mounting location/method.

Last edited:
You can get it RIGHT NOW. Walked into the DJI store in NYC, and they had them in stock for immediate purchase, you can walk in and buy one.

Still want the Mavic instead though. Just can't find one in stores yet.

BTW, I held one, definitely heavier than the regular P4, and the gentleman working there says it's a bit bigger. Really awesome looking though with all the sensors. I'm tempted, but will wait for the Mavic. The convenience factor is huge.

If you want portability then you definitely want the Mavic. I flew with mine in my briefcase with my full Micro 4/3 kit yesterday. If you don't need portability the P4P looks like an amazing machine with a top notch camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada