DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice Needed-- HOODMAN users

alkaye

Reactions
Hi friends, I need some great advice. I own the Mavic Air2 and want to fly with an 8” tablet. I recently bought the Tripletek, but found it too heavy and did not fight the glare enough and expensive so returned it.

Today, I acquired the Hoodman HAV1and it is much better for me. The only issue is my Lenovo M8 is a bit too small and falls through it rather than lay on the back of it. Thus I seek your help.

Here are my needs

1/ A suggestion of the best tablet to use with the Hoodman HAV 1. It has to strap on correctly and be bright enough, but not break the bank as I will only use the tablet for flying. It can be 2019 or more current (as long as it is compatible with the Fly App)

2/ The best Tablet holder to use. I have a couple now and really like them (both made by Hanatora ) - with the bare tablet, but with the Hoodman, they are no longer gripping properly.

Thanks

Hi friends, I need some great advice. I own the Mavic Air2 and want to fly with an 8” tablet. I recently bought the Tripletek, but found it too heavy and did not fight the glare enough and expensive so returned it.

Today, I acquired the Hoodman HAV1and it is much better for me. The only issue is my Lenovo M8 is a bit too small and falls through it rather than lay on the back of it. Thus I seek your help.

Here are my needs

1/ A suggestion of the best tablet to use with the Hoodman HAV 1. It has to strap on correctly and be bright enough, but not break the bank as I will only use the tablet for flying. It can be 2019 or more current (as long as it is compatible with the Fly App)

2/ The best Tablet holder to use. I have a couple now and really like them (both made by Hanatora ) - with the bare tablet, but with the Hoodman, they are no longer gripping properly.

Thanks
I bought the Hoodman HAV 3. It includes, among the tablets it fits, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, which I'm using with my controller for the DJI Mini 2.

Last edited:
I'm using a Ipad Mini (4) with the Hoodman HAV-1, mounted on a Lifthor Mjilnor. It works very well and I prefer it over the Mavmount. I will at times mount it on a tripod and have my RCer on a long cable so I can sit back and fly. Hope this helps.

I bought the Hoodman HAV 3. It includes, among the tablets it fits, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, which I'm using with my controller for the DJI Mini 2.
I reported elsewhere that the Hoodman HAV 3 that arrived was way too big. Today a nice lady from Hoodman called and told me that the reference of the Tab A7 (which trailed away with ... (that reads "ellipses") did not include the Tab A7 Lite. A bit strange, but she's sending me the Hoodman HAV 1, which should fit better. I'll see what happens next.

Here are my needs

Thanks
Just talked to a lady at Hoodman. She is sending me a HAV1, which she says will fit my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite well. So my answer would be the A7 Lite. It measures 8"x5" and works well with DJI Fly. It's CPU is 64bit.

Last edited:
I should amend that above. Today I learned that Hoodman HAV 3 fits the Galaxy Tab A7, not the A7 Lite. Since my A7 Lite was way too small at 8.25"x 4.75", the Lite is a smaller tablet. Looking at the specs for the A7 (non-Lite) I have to wonder. That one measures in at 9.75" x 6.20" Now it makes sense.

Last edited:
I reported elsewhere that the Hoodman HAV 3 that arrived was way too big. Today a nice lady from Hoodman called and told me that the reference of the Tab A7 (which trailed away with ... (that reads "ellipses") did not include the Tab A7 Lite. A bit strange, but she's sending me the Hoodman HAV 1, which should fit better. I'll see what happens next.
Now it makes sense. The HAV 3 was way too big for the Tab A7 Lite tablet. I read the Hoodman listing to say it fit several Samsung tablets. Lost was the fact that it said Tab A7, and not Tab A7 Lite. Turns out the Tab A7 is about an inch bigger length and width. That explains it. Hoodman is sending me the HAV 1.

I thought I could delete that reply, it seems I can't. In another post I figured out that the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is smaller than the Tab A7 (none-Lite). So Hoodman is sending me a HAV 1, which should fit the smaller A7 Lite. We'll see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme