DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice Needed - Mavic Pro Taking Off Too High

dandy87

Reactions
Hi all, I want to ask a question.
Just recently, my MP1 always reach around 12meters height during the initial take off. If I wanted to control it by turning down the throttle stick, it always switched to auto landing, until I push again the throttle upward, and then it's normal. The problem only happens in GPS mode, no problem at all on Atti mode.

I have turned off the precision landing, and it behaves the same during auto take off or manual with arming take off.

I have calibrated the remote and the compass.
Is there any explanation for this? Thank you

This is the one you had a crash with ?

I hope it isn't some problem related to that . . . has this been a problem since the crash ?

How do you take off in atti ?
Do you have a hack, or are you just taking off before sats lock on and it's ok ?

precision RTH should only work if you touch the tick box above the slider before you take off ,if you dont tick it then it should just rise up to chest height

Reactions: dandy87

I hope it isn't some problem related to that . . . has this been a problem since the crash ?

Do you have a hack, or are you just taking off before sats lock on and it's ok ?
there is an ATTI hack but you have to go into the program and hack one of the parameters for a Mavic 2 Pro see link below

Again if it is under warranty do not carrot this modification as you will void it.
Word to the wise only try this if you are a proficient flyer.

Yes, the very same unit.
Come to think of it, the crash happened during my first flight. And I remember that I was having the same problem back there, took off up to 12 meters. I would also like to an additional info that I tried to fly it again, and it works well with auto take off. It hovers in 1.2 meters. But using the manual take off, the problem still exists. It ascends to 12 meters, my hands are off from the throttle. Moving down the throttle, and it's entering auto landing. Moving up the throttle again just in a short time before removing it, the drone still ascending to 12 meters. I have to manually cancel the auto landing in order to stop the ascend-descend cycle.
But, no problem with auto take off.

The atti mode? I tried it indoor with no GPS connection, and it flew well without ascending to 12 meters

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
precision RTH should only work if you touch the tick box above the slider before you take off ,if you dont tick it then it should just rise up to chest height

If using the auto take off, right? Then yes, turning off the precision landing and using auto take off, takes me precisely to 1.2m hover.

But if i use the manual take off, even though I put my hands off of the controller after it reach 3-4 meters, the drone keeps ascend to 12 meters by itself. Do you think there's something wrong with my controller? I've calibrated it, but no result though. And it works well during normal flight once its up in the air

Last edited:
So if you auto take off, it goes to 1.2m (normal) then you can do what you like ?
Ie. go up another 2m, come down, it doesn't enter auto land then ?
Only if you manually take off, and if you use the down stick, it just wants to auto land ?
If so that is odd.

Even with precision land ticked on in the menu, that should have nothing to do with any sort of take off or start to auto land from that height.
It just works if you go up to "about 10m" which seems to be around the height yours is going to, but going below that shouldn't start auto landing, dangerous.

Have you tried unticking precision landing ?
Might be worth a shot to eliminate some sort of error in the system there.

I wonder if a flight log might show something ?

Reactions: dandy87
So if you auto take off, it goes to 1.2m (normal) then you can do what you like ?
Ie. go up another 2m, come down, it doesn't enter auto land then ?
Only if you manually take off, and if you use the down stick, it just wants to auto land ?
If so that is odd.

Even with precision land ticked on in the menu, that should have nothing to do with any sort of take off or start to auto land from that height.
It just works if you go up to "about 10m" which seems to be around the height yours is going to, but going below that shouldn't start auto landing, dangerous.

Have you tried unticking precision landing ?
Might be worth a shot to eliminate some sort of error in the system there.

I wonder if a flight log might show something ?

Yes, that is my situation right now.
And yes, I've turned off the precision landing, and the problem is still there.

Ah yes, flight log. I'll learn how to access the flight log, read it, and share it here. Thanks for that, I almost forgot.

Do you think VPS calibration using DJI Assistant and connecting the drone to PC, might worth the shot?

Yes, that is my situation right now.
And yes, I've turned off the precision landing, and the problem is still there.

Ah yes, flight log. I'll learn how to access the flight log, read it, and share it here. Thanks for that, I almost forgot.

Do you think VPS calibration using DJI Assistant and connecting the drone to PC, might worth the shot?

Flight log, good idea, may show something, see if you have a dat too as well as txt.
VPS calibration ? It might be an idea, but I hate the idea of mucking about with things that might not need it.
I've never calibrated anything, other than once for a compass cal, when my little birdie asked me to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143