DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice needed.

Fergy

Reactions
Hi all,
I am selling my Mavic Pro, my question is what do I or the new buyer need to do in regards to transferring and is there anything I need to do to clear information from the Drone.

Thanks

My thought would b first to reset to factory settings, format your internal storage. If you have named your.device delete it, remove your FAA number if put sticker on your drone. Anybody else have suggestions

Reactions: Fergy and zeusfl
When the new buyer opens the DJI app with your drone, it will essentially re-link the drone to his DJI account. There isn’t a way to manually unlink from your account. Apart from that, as madmitch said above, just be sure to reset the memory card and internal storage, both via the app.

Hope you’re upgrading to a newer drone.

Cheers!

Reactions: Fergy and zeusfl
If you want an extra level of security from the memory card data, i will suggest a low level format DoD approve something like dban at least 3 pass

If you want an extra level of security from the memory card data, i will suggest a low level format DoD approve something like dban at least 3 pass
There really isn't anything on the SD card to be concerned about but if you want to go that way ... you could always just keep the card ??

Reactions: Fergy
There really isn't anything on the SD card to be concerned about but if you want to go that way ... you don't have to include the card in the sale??

I agree.

Reactions: Fergy
I de-registered mine on the FAA website.
You could only de-register a drone that the FAA had records of being registered.
Since the FAA asks for no details of your drone to register (and has no idea how many drones you have). there is no way to de-register is you registered for recreational use.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Being under the control of the FAA for so long I didn't really know that I didn't have to register them all. The FAA says jump..I say how high? I learn something from Meta all the time
I do have a 107 which I don't need. drone register.jpg :oops:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji