DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on Mavic Air2S tablet holder for RC and other bits

Jakey83

Reactions
Hey guys,

I bought my other half the Mavic Air2S for Christmas this year, but I am still after some bits to go with it. I think to buy spare propellers, propeller guards, a spare battery, a case and possibly filters too. But I would also like to get a tablet holder to go with the remote controller. The problem I have, though, is that the tablet is Samsung Galaxy S7+ which is 12.4'' across.

I found some holders on amazon, including LYONGTECH 4.7 - 12.9 Inch Phone Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic 3,Air 2S,Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 Drone Remote Controller, Extended Control Bracket Clip Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I understand I would also need a USB-C to microUSB cable, which I found somewhere on Amazon. My question is, could anybody here help me out with some tablet holder suggestions? Perhaps the one in the link above would not be the best for this tablet? Please also feel free to suggest a case and some filters too. I think this is an excellent hobby to get into and feel slightly gutted I bought the drone as a present for my other half, and not for myself, but still, I hope to get some use out of it haha!

Many thanks for helping out a complete noob!

Jake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Hey guys,

I bought my other half the Mavic Air2S for Christmas this year, but I am still after some bits to go with it. I think to buy spare propellers, propeller guards, a spare battery, a case and possibly filters too. But I would also like to get a tablet holder to go with the remote controller. The problem I have, though, is that the tablet is Samsung Galaxy S7+ which is 12.4'' across.

I found some holders on amazon, including LYONGTECH 4.7 - 12.9 Inch Phone Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic 3,Air 2S,Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 Drone Remote Controller, Extended Control Bracket Clip Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I understand I would also need a USB-C to microUSB cable, which I found somewhere on Amazon. My question is, could anybody here help me out with some tablet holder suggestions? Perhaps the one in the link above would not be the best for this tablet? Please also feel free to suggest a case and some filters too. I think this is an excellent hobby to get into and feel slightly gutted I bought the drone as a present for my other half, and not for myself, but still, I hope to get some use out of it haha!

Jake.
Go Skyreat. Mine is aluminum based and holds my Lenovo Tab 10 with extra room to spare for a wider tablet. I bought an 11" braided cord, but really did not need it, although it's nice to have it.

If you were needing all the "accessories," would have been smarter / cheaper to buy the FlyMore kit that comes with 2 batteries, a set of props, set of ND filters, etc. I got mine from B&H.

Would def suggest a PL or UV Haze filter as well, since sun glare can be quite a problem up high.

Hey guys,

Jake.
I use the DJI RC-N1 Tablet Mount. Sells for around $50, on the DJI site, but, I got it free, after some "Tactical" complaining, when they sent me an Air 2 with a defective cooling fan. Works GREAT! Sturdy, and it accommodates even the biggest tablets.
As far as cases, I got tired of having to carry multiple bags/cases, just to be able to fit everything I needed. I picked up an Apache 4800 Universal Storage Case, from Harbor Freight, for around $60, and it is awesome! The layout I chose, holds the Drone, and FMC, plus, 3 sets of props, Landing Gear, Signal Booster, a smaller, back-up Tablet Mount, 3 Strobe Lights, 2 sets of spare sticks, SD card wallet, and, more! Plus, after I pillaged my Symik Mini 2 case, for it's rigid foam Tablet Frame, and Adhesive Foam Bottom liner, I can store my iPad, and Sunhood, above everything else, safely!!! Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• 20211022_113349.jpg
    20211022_113349.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20211101_215043.jpg
    20211101_215043.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20211106_160900.jpg
    20211106_160900.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211022_075938.jpg
    20211022_075938.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey guys,

Jake.
Here's a better look at the DJI RC-N1 Tablet Mount. It's pictured in my case pics, with a custom made DJI emblem on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211122-102756_DJI Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-102756_DJI Store.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211122-102822_DJI Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-102822_DJI Store.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211122-102836_DJI Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-102836_DJI Store.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20211122-102850_DJI Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-102850_DJI Store.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 19
MavMount has a great option

I currently fly the DJI Air 2s with the plain stock controller. I am considering to purchase the Mavmount Scout along with the Tripltek tablet 8 inch model tablet. What I find interesting is that there seems to be no Canadian retailer for these two items. Does anyone know where I can make a Canadian purchase so I don't have to deal with currency exchange or custom fees crossing the border into Canada Any comments. Thanks

I currently fly the DJI Air 2s with the plain stock controller. I am considering to purchase the Mavmount Scout along with the Tripltek tablet 8 inch model tablet. What I find interesting is that there seems to be no Canadian retailer for these two items. Does anyone know where I can make a Canadian purchase so I don't have to deal with currency exchange or custom fees crossing the border into Canada Any comments. Thanks
Hi there, mavmount owner here. I ship to Canada every day, and we haven't heard of any customs fees.

Payment is by cc, so conversion is seamless.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you order today it will go out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000