DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on Purchasing Used Mavic 2 Pro

arsmd9

Reactions
Hi all,

Unfortunately I crashed my Mavic 2 pro this past weekend after hitting a branch of a tree.

I am flirting with the idea of purchasing a used Mavic 2 pro instead of upgrading to the 3.

However, I am needing help figuring out what is an acceptable price for a used Mavic 2 pro. I feel like some of the ones I’ve seen are too expensive. For example: i asked one guy to sale it for $700 and he declined.

With that being said, he wanted $2000 for the flymore kit and Mavic 2 pro. Which is a bit absurd I think.

I'd be nervous paying for second hand batteries with the known swelling issues with very few cycles so not sure i'd pay for a 2nd hand flymore kit on top knowing that.

$700 is far too low though. Its arguably more features than the Mavic 3 having waypoints, SDKs and so on and that price is nothing more than a cheap mini drone.

Reactions: projectarjun
IMHO, the M3 line is now a significantly better drone than the M2 line. This was not true upon release of the M3 line but they are now refined enough for me to form this opinion.

1. The M3 is in current production and can be insured with Refresh.
2. I find the MFT camera better in all respects although not "night and day" better.
3. I can better fine tune the controls on the M3 making my video easier to capture and the drone easier to fly.
4. Cruse control is sweet for video capture.
5. Battery life is more than sufficient for me.
6. I really enjoy the new RC with screen at a price point 1/3 of the pro model.
7. The M3 line is RID complient.

On the down side there are no waypoints and of course mapping. It remains to be seen if this will change with an SDK.

$700 is ridiculously low for Pro 2. I'm probably going to sell mine for $1500 but it has a single flight, 3 batteries and Controller plus other stuff. But really not sure I want to part with it yet. I fly the heck out of my Mavic Pro and Mini 2.

If you have the crashed drone why not contact dji and send it in for repair? They send a free shipping label. You mail it to them. They figure the damages. Send you a cost of repair. You pay they send new drone.

I had a crashed m3 that took a swim in salt water. Was total loss. EBay sellers wanted 1500 plus for drone alone. Dji "fixed" it for half. And I had it back in 1-2 weeks

Reactions: @Rip
Hi all,

Unfortunately I crashed my Mavic 2 pro this past weekend after hitting a branch of a tree.

I am flirting with the idea of purchasing a used Mavic 2 pro instead of upgrading to the 3.

However, I am needing help figuring out what is an acceptable price for a used Mavic 2 pro. I feel like some of the ones I’ve seen are too expensive. For example: i asked one guy to sale it for $700 and he declined.

With that being said, he wanted $2000 for the flymore kit and Mavic 2 pro. Which is a bit absurd I think.
I crashed one of my Mavic 2Pro drones and sent it to DDS for repair. DDS pays for shipping in both directions. It took the company about ten days to evaluate the damage and call me with a repair estimate. The repair cost was $275.00. The drone arrived about a week later. I was surprised to find that the drone that was returned to me was a refurbished drone, not the one I sent to DDS. As soon as I turned it on to bind the drone to the controller controller, I was informed that I was eligible to purchase DJI Care Refresh, and did. After deleting the damaged drone from my inventory on the FAA’s DroneZone and registering the new one, I was on my way. I don’t know if my DDS experience was a common one, as it was my first time to do business with that company, but it exceeded my expectations in every regard. Whether your drone is repaired or replaced, I very strongly and enthusiastically recommend that you send it to DDS for evaluation before you purchase another one.

Reactions: @Rip
Hi all,

His loss. Best of luck. They seem to be going for, 700+ dollars.

Hi all, so it turns out that DJI is sending me a refurbished 2 or fixing mine for 300. However, i already bought a Mavic 3.

With that being said, the guy who was going to fix my original sent this off to DJI. He now is asking if I would sell my drone to him along with the 4 batteries, remote, bag and drone (likely the one DJI is going to send back).

How much do you all think is a good price to ask for all of this. I was originally thinking of just paying the 300 and keeping it but now Idk what to do.

Hi all, so it turns out that DJI is sending me a refurbished 2 or fixing mine for 300. However, i already bought a Mavic 3.

With that being said, the guy who was going to fix my original sent this off to DJI. He now is asking if I would sell my drone to him along with the 4 batteries, remote, bag and drone (likely the one DJI is going to send back).

How much do you all think is a good price to ask for all of this. I was originally thinking of just paying the 300 and keeping it but now Idk what to do.
Hello,
I would take the Mavic 2 Pro as well. It's good to have an extra drone.
If you sell the Mavic 3, maybe see what the going rate is for such a drone. Out sale your competitors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom