DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on selling Care Refresh Air 2s

FisherPilot

Reactions
I lost my Air 2s at sea and was able to purchase a new one through my Care Refresh. I'm thinking of selling the Air 2s package and buying a Mavic 3 Classic. Any thoughts? What would be a fair price for the new Air 2s and battery, additional battery and charger, filter set, prop guards, and other accessories. Do I have to unbind the new drone as well as the controller? Thanks in advance.

I'd keep the Air 2s if it were me lol. By all accounts it's a good drone and the Mavic 3 is an expensive drone if you don't use it much or need it and or will not utilise its full capabilities.

I don't wish to argue with Msinger but there are enough threads 'knocking about' complaining about bits and pieces being bound to whatever for me to think it would be worth the few seconds or minutes that it takes to unbind everything, just to give you and the buyer peace of mind.

I am aware that one level of binding has, as far as I could see in my experiments, no consequence other than leaving a message that the drone? was bound to something, my account perhaps?, but that might 'annoy' a buyer.
From memory indoing the binding I created was a matter os a few toushes on the App's screen and maybe 15sec of time.

I don't wish to argue with Msinger but there are enough threads 'knocking about' complaining about bits and pieces being bound to whatever for me to think it would be worth the few seconds or minutes that it takes to unbind everything, just to give you and the buyer peace of mind.
No worries. If you could provide more detailed instructions, it would likely help those who would like to do this.

No worries. If you could provide more detailed instructions, it would likely help those who would like to do this.
I can't where it concerns the binding enabled under flyaway cover simply, and they seem to be the troublesome ones, simply because I do not have flyaway cover and can not establish them. The non troublesome, but possible "annoying", one that I did manage to create I will attempt later today and post about it.

To create the seemingly weak, pointless binding available to me.
Wifi on.

Front page of the App -> profile -> Device Management -> Bind to account -> next -> confirm -> = the drone is bound to the email address of the App

I then used a different controller with no problems or warnings. And then a different phone and an app logged into a different account again with out a problem though, in device management, it did show that the drone was bound to another account

To unbind
Front page of the App -> profile -> Device Management ->Remove device from account -> next -> confirm ->confirm -> = unbound

The new drone shouldn't be bound to anything so that shouldn't be a concern. To get to where it could be removed from the account and unbound, you'd have to register it and bind it. Since this is a replacement drone, there's not question of it being the original having been repaired.

Any Refresh left on the A2s? Makes a difference in value. If me, keep the replacement A2s and enjoy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+