DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice Please

tackleberry83

Reactions
Looking for some advice please. I'm flying out to Las Vegas in 12 days for a week. I'm looking at flying along the Colorado River at Willow Beach.
The DJI maps says I can fly
Hover says I can't
B4UFLY says I can.

Don't want to end up in bother which one do I believe??

Be weary though, that whole area is LAKE MEAD NATIONAL PARK. National parks are no fly zones. Lake mead rules say no uav of any kind allowed.

Be weary though, that whole area is LAKE MEAD NATIONAL PARK. National parks are no fly zones. Lake mead rules say no uav of any kind allowed.

Well that's what I thought but even B4UFLY says I can fly at Lake Mead.

I think I will try and contact the FAA and get solid confirmation and have it in writing should anything come of it.

Yes while the B4UFly shows you can fly, or rather does not say you can't, the whole area shows up as green and is indicated as a national park, I will fly out there but keep a low profile about it, I fly rc floatplanes out there too. If you read the park rules, they say ,Nfz. The rangers can and may ticket, depends who you get or talk too. Same goes for discharge of firearms, firework....etc..... I hear the fines for fireworks can be 10k in nation parks.

Reactions: tackleberry83
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest