DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advices needed for people who bought a skin for their MAVIC

KONY

Reactions
Hello,

I'm about to order a skin for my MAVIC from DecalGirl,(she does great skins which i already ordered from her for my surface pro laptop).

DJI Mavic Pro Skins | DecalGirl

My question -if any of you are owner of such skin- : i'm split between

1) taking a bright and visible color skin so the MAVIC may get a better chance to be seen from afar (even if the skin is not applicable in the bottom of the drone) or;

2) choosing a color/design which i like most (especially a darkish/black/blue color but maybe less visible.

Is a bright red/or yellow or whatever other color has proved to be more visible when the drone is far (i often loose sight of my MAVIC so trying to improve this) ?

sorry title should read : ADVICE NEEDED FROM PEOPLE...

I went with a white skin on my MP to make it less visible and intrusive while flying. My rationale was that a dark color made a stronger silhouette while a lighter color fades into the sky more....The white really disappears when flown under a cloud.

Choose what you like. I doubt you'll gain significant LOS with any particular color.

I went with the shiny silver (cut it myself). Main reason was to get the birds to stop chasing it. I would imagine at some angle it will reflect the sun. So far so good. The hawk in the neighborhood hasn't bothered since the last time it attacked it.
The true test will be at the beach with the seagulls.

IMG_4704.JPG

wow nice home made silver skin ;)

Ok thank you guys, so as i understand color does not make such a big difference so i'll go with my favourite design then :)

I went with a white skin on my MP to make it less visible and intrusive while flying. My rationale was that a dark color made a stronger silhouette while a lighter color fades into the sky more....The white really disappears when flown under a cloud.

yeah that's true that sometimes you just want the bird to be less intrusive and visible in the sky...so it's all plus or minus i guess to choose one design over the other

wow nice home made silver skin ;)

Ok thank you guys, so as i understand color does not make such a big difference so i'll go with my favourite design then :)

I originally put a OD green skin on MP when i first got it. It was the same tone as the oem grey so it almost looked the same color lol.

If it was available I'd go with a light blue to blend into the sky even more lol.

I'd think a bright flourescent yellow color would give you some more visual cures but after a few hundred yards anything is going to disappear.

Realistically, skins add little to no functional value to your drone. They can definitely make it look epic though! ... which is just as good?

Anybody having problem with skin peeling off, and not sticking to the MP body? And, what to do about it?

I don’t really want to put a skin on mine but I’ll tell you what, this thing attracts big birds like nobody’s business. Not only have I noticed it while flying mine and actually have been attacked once but I see them and their shadows in other peoples YouTube videos all the time.

So if there’s a skin that discourages them I’d like to hear about it.

When flying high in the air I think its more visible stock color... but when flying low I can see my mavic better for sure. Never had problems with birds no matter what color I had it... so I can't comment on that. The kit I bought had decals for the bottom as well.
Bottom line is... Make it yours!

evb2p5.jpg

Reactions: WAXMAN
Hello,

I'm about to order a skin for my MAVIC from DecalGirl,(she does great skins which i already ordered from her for my surface pro laptop).

DJI Mavic Pro Skins | DecalGirl

My question -if any of you are owner of such skin- : i'm split between

1) taking a bright and visible color skin so the MAVIC may get a better chance to be seen from afar (even if the skin is not applicable in the bottom of the drone) or;

2) choosing a color/design which i like most (especially a darkish/black/blue color but maybe less visible.

Is a bright red/or yellow or whatever other color has proved to be more visible when the drone is far (i often loose sight of my MAVIC so trying to improve this) ?
I went with the skulls white&black love it great quality

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS