DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advise please

I use the CS and have never looked back since buying it. Brilliant screen but so is the SC. At the end of the day it’s your choice?

People can only give you advice on both units but it’s “you” spending the money?

Reactions: Welsh pilot
just bought a crystalsky 5.5 a week ago.

im in the eu, so prices are a bit higher here in general... but i was about find a barely used one on ebay for about 350.

using it with my m2p with the official mount, had to order a couple of adapters off banggood.com to make the mount fit.

its nice. but be aware, there are a couple of issues with it in general...

a) rarely but sometimes, the video feed will be a bit choppy. a restart of the go app fixes it every time.
b) the processor is a bit dated so it can only do 720p live feed... not an issue really on the 5.5 inch but something to keep in mind.
c) the compass doesnt quite work, so in the sport mode using the 'ball' to know if you are pointed at the bird is a bit useless as it jumps around (known issue, my understanding is they all have this issue).
d) it is a bit heavy. nothing drastic but the additional weight is noticable.
e) it is bright. brightner then any mobile device i have tried... but its not shockingly bright. the smart controller uses the same screen so i guess i would say the same about that. frankly, so far nothing beats using the goggles. big huge high resolution screen with movie theater like brightness.

but generally i am happy with it. i had / have the option of sending it back (ebay returns and all that), but decided to keep it. the cost was not a deciding factor for what its worth. it beats my higher end android and iphone in pretty much all regards.

speaking of extra features, one i did not even think about is the video play back.

im no pro photographer so this is all just a super fun hobby for me... but before the standard procedure was once i got home throw the sd in the laptop see what i filmed... now i just throw it into the crystalsky and watch it on the super bright screen... today i tried the hdmi out to the tv which was nice too.

I love my CS 7.85 for screen size and a few extra features, but if DJI would make the SC in 7.85?I’d be very tempted just from a convenience standpoint.

Guys many thanks
But I took a complete u turn yesterday and bought the Epson Moverio glasses
I have the option of returning if not happy but when ever I get the chance I always wear the DJI goggles and love them but they are a little BIG on your head.
Has anyone got a pair of the Epsons?

I do!!!!! And I absolutely live them!! You made a great choice and if you don’t like them you have the option to return so you can’t lose

I don't know if you follow Dylan (ikopta) - but he's just posted an interesting vid' with his take on the Smart Controller ...

Guys many thanks
But I took a complete u turn yesterday and bought the Epson Moverio glasses
I have the option of returning if not happy but when ever I get the chance I always wear the DJI goggles and love them but they are a little BIG on your head.
Has anyone got a pair of the Epsons?

Blimey that was a complete B34FDACC-F778-42BA-B43F-80637E6E650E.png ?? enjoy them? Another member I know on here loves them so I wish you all the best, happy flying?

I love my smart controller my wife and i have one and won't go back don't have to attach a phone or a monitor to a remote all, in one
Can you use the SC on the Mavic Air? How about the Spark? Can they be used on the Autel Evo? The CS can be used on many different AC'S

I have the CS, but there are time I wished I had the SC also. The idea of having one unit to haul is ideal.

Reactions: Rattydude77
I have the CS, but there are time I wished I had the SC also. The idea of having one unit to haul is ideal.

I like redundancy... used controllers are easy and cheap to get. if the CS screen blows, you still have a working controller that you can plug a phone into for backup. if the SC screen blows, you need a new unit and that't it for droney until then.

That's true but a 1yr warranty should replace that and I believe the DJI refresh would to if I'm not mistaken

Ya that's true backups are always good to have on hand for a client but back on topic my self I prefer the smart controller but as AMann said if the screen is toast know your xxxx out of luck no matter what way you go there both great products....

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser