DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial 360: shot raw, stitched in PTGui

Reactions: chong67
I have PTGui also. Did you have to do something at the top of the sky to fill it up so it will spin in good 360?

I have PTGui also. Did you have to do something at the top of the sky to fill it up so it will spin in good 360?

I used content aware fill in Photoshop to fill the zenith hole. Doesn't always work, so you have to drop in a sky, but in this case it worked well.

I used content aware fill in Photoshop to fill the zenith hole. Doesn't always work, so you have to drop in a sky, but in this case it worked well.

Can you give me some tips? I just order my first drone , the M2P. Did you stitch the 25 photos in DNG on PTGui? Do you know of a good tutorial? Thanks.

"Content aware tool"

I use it all the time on normal photos but never thought of it to fix the blob at the top of my MP2 360s. I assume the content aware tool should work on the 360 deg panos that are self created be the drone,

I'd bet there are a lot of people here who will also THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: bushmiller
That's really cool. Managed to find you sitting there too ?

Strangely I've driven down that road before and I recognised it instantly, although the traffic was far worse when I drove down it! :mad:

Great shot!

What engine are you using for the rotation? I noticed you're using WP is it a plug in?

Can you give me some tips? I just order my first drone , the M2P. Did you stitch the 25 photos in DNG on PTGui? Do you know of a good tutorial? Thanks.

I adjusted the raw images in Lightroom (color, highlights/shadows, etc.). Then exported full res tifs, and dropped those into PTGui. Stitched, then used Erik Krause's extract zenith plugin. I opened extracted zenith in Photoshop and used content aware fill, then inserted zenith back in PTGui with the same plugin.

That's really cool. Managed to find you sitting there too ?
Thumbswayup

Great shot!

What engine are you using for the rotation? I noticed you're using WP is it a plug in?

Thanks! Yes, Wordpress, no plugin. I use Pano2VR to make html tour, and then use iframe to embed that tour into the WP page.

Reactions: ChrisOutdoors
Thanks! Yes, Wordpress, no plugin. I use Pano2VR to make html tour, and then use iframe to embed that tour into the WP page.

Gotta love iframe, really allows for some cool additions to wordpress. Thanks for sharing your workflow, that doesn't sound bad at all. I just got back into web dev a few months ago and started from scratch. Bought a dedicated server, installed the base OS, installed/configured a linux VM WP appliance, then I finally started playing with WP and went full bore into using elementor. It was fun figuring it all out.

My thing has been making birds eye view maps from scratch. Jim Edgar Panther Creek (JPEC)

I adjusted the raw images in Lightroom (color, highlights/shadows, etc.). Then exported full res tifs, and dropped those into PTGui. Stitched, then used Erik Krause's extract zenith plugin. I opened extracted zenith in Photoshop and used content aware fill, then inserted zenith back in PTGui with the same plugin.

Thumbswayup

What does the Erik Krause extract zenith plugin do?

I use the content aware fill thing on PS. It has this swirl effect at the top of the sky. LOL

One thing I miss is on sunny day, the sun is missing. A sunny sky with no sun. I know its not important, but how do you fix this? :)

I'm a little surprised off all that stitching and photoshopping. The Mavic Air (V1) can do 360 panoramas fully automatic and with fairly good, often close to perfect results.

Can the other drones not do that?

I'm a little surprised off all that stitching and photoshopping. The Mavic Air (V1) can do 360 panoramas fully automatic and with fairly good, often close to perfect results.

Can the other drones not do that?

Glad to hear that about the Mavic Air; I've never used that drone. I've found the automatically stitched 360s from the Mavic 2 Pro to be lacking. Do you have any links to automatically stitched 360s shot with the Air?

Hi Bushmiller and all,

Really nice 360 panorama.
This is the way I want my hi rez panoramas to be presented.
I would like to do stitching/photomerge in Lightroom and Photoshop only. I got good result when merging and editing in Lightroom, EXEPT it does not merge the "ends" of the 360 good. I get a visible seam there and it takes forever to edit/clone it out. Maybe I have to use other stitch sw like PTGui, I was hoping to that was not needed.
Does anyone know a good effective way of doing this in Lightroom/Photoshop?

Here is my test (lightroom missed the photos in the dark water and I only made a rough edit for the seam remove). I think I will get a licence for Pano2VR really soon.

BR
Jim

Hi Bushmiller and all,

Really nice 360 panorama.
This is the way I want my hi rez panoramas to be presented.
I would like to do stitching/photomerge in Lightroom and Photoshop only. I got good result when merging and editing in Lightroom, EXEPT it does not merge the "ends" of the 360 good. I get a visible seam there and it takes forever to edit/clone it out. Maybe I have to use other stitch sw like PTGui, I was hoping to that was not needed.
Does anyone know a good effective way of doing this in Lightroom/Photoshop?

Here is my test (lightroom missed the photos in the dark water and I only made a rough edit for the seam remove). I think I will get a licence for Pano2VR really soon.

BR
Jim

Thanks Jim. As far as I know neither Photoshop nor Lightroom will seamlessly stitch full 360° images; PTGui is the only application I know that does this very well.

Thanks Jim. As far as I know neither Photoshop nor Lightroom will seamlessly stitch full 360° images; PTGui is the only application I know that does this very well.

Yes, thanks for answering. I have searched a lot about that now, seems like it´s can´t be done with Adobe for now. Bad, hope they will add that function, couldn´t be that hard for them. (?)
The good part is that I found an easier and faster way to clone out the seam in Photoshop. I tried first in the 3D-Panorama-Spherical Panorama Layer. That was hard with an almost 28000x14000 picture. Now I just cut out one side, move around so the ends meet in normal 2D view, then clone out the seam. Quite easy and fast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottmurray917