DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial 360 Virtual Tours

MikeinMO

Reactions
Hello everyone.

I’m trying to figure out how to create an aerial 360 virtual tour of farm land. If you’re familiar with an interior 360 virtual tour of a home, it’s the same concept but from the air, with clickable ‘hotspots’ and embedded photos/videos and so forth.

I fly with a Mavic 3, Mini 2, and the Avata. I assume the Mavic 3 is capable of collecting the images for this, I’m just not sure how to actually do it (settings, editing, etc) and then create the tour.

This link shows a 360 aerial tour of a property and what I’m trying to accomplish:

Thanks for any advice!!

Reactions: MikeinMO
You might have to put clickable hotspots, CG and such on in editing. That's what I had to do when I shot with the GoPro 360 camera. Adobe Premiere has good tools for handling such video.

Hello everyone.

I’m trying to figure out how to create an aerial 360 virtual tour of farm land. If you’re familiar with an interior 360 virtual tour of a home, it’s the same concept but from the air, with clickable ‘hotspots’ and embedded photos/videos and so forth.

I fly with a Mavic 3, Mini 2, and the Avata. I assume the Mavic 3 is capable of collecting the images for this, I’m just not sure how to actually do it (settings, editing, etc) and then create the tour.

This link shows a 360 aerial tour of a property and what I’m trying to accomplish:

Thanks for any advice!!
You can make something similar with the paid version of Kuula.co
I’m using (paid) kuula.co for virtual tours built on terrestrial 360 stills. It would work just fine for aerial 360 tours, though I haven’t done that yet.
You might have to put clickable hotspots, CG and such on in editing. That's what I had to do when I shot with the GoPro 360 camera. Adobe Premiere has good tools for handling such video.
Premiere is really very good for editing 360 video, but most/all virtual tours I’ve seen are built on stills. Kuula supports hotspots added in their online tour authoring service.

I’m using (paid) kuula.co for virtual tours built on terrestrial 360 stills. It would work just fine for aerial 360 tours, though I haven’t done that yet.

Premiere is really very good for editing 360 video, but most/all virtual tours I’ve seen are built on stills. Kuula supports hotspots added in their online tour authoring service.
Good to know, thank you. How do I actually collect the photos with the Mavic? What’s the process? What settings? Can I use the built-in auto paranoia photo setting? Do I have to snap each photo individually? Logistically how do I get the pictures?

Can I use the built-in auto paranoia photo setting?
Yes, use the Panorama—Sphere mode. It does it automatically. I recommend leaving everything else on Auto, for me it just gives the best results. Yeah, you can make it save every photo in the sphere and then combine it manually in software, but I think the automatic mode works just fine.

Yes, use the Panorama—Sphere mode. It does it automatically. I recommend leaving everything else on Auto, for me it just gives the best results. Yeah, you can make it save every photo in the sphere and then combine it manually in software, but I think the automatic mode works just fine.
This is the best place to start, and provides good quality. That may be all you need. The next step up in quality takes considerable learning and some spending to get the best quality photos out of your M3 and preserve/improve that quality in photo editing and stitching in PTGui.

I always put the drone’s uSD card in a reader for transfer, but others connect the drone via USB. Personal preference.

Thank you both! The sphere pano on the Mavic 3 works great! I trimmed them down in Lightroom to meet the size specs of Kuula, and I’m in business. Appreciate the replies.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929