DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial Anaglyph 3D’s

AMann

Reactions
I want to start making some aerial Anaglyph 3D images (red and cyan stereo images you view with red and cyan glasses), and didn’t see any examples or threads here featuring them. So if you’ve done them and would like to share some here, along with a description of your settings and offset distance, please do! Mine will be pending this weekend :)

Last edited:
I want to start making some aerial Anaglyph 3D images (red and cyan stereo images you view with red and cyan glasses), and didn’t see any examples or threads here featuring them. So if you’ve done them and would like to share some here, along with a description of your settings and offset distance, please do! Mine will be pending this weekend :)

Really looking forward to that!

Really looking forward to that!

Me too, planning on shooting some windmills and rock formations in the desert on Saturday. If you have the glasses already, Google “aerial anaglyph” images and check them out online- there’s some nice stuff posted on Flickr too!

I am glad to see an interest in this--I have been interested in this for some time and have uploaded three images of our farm, testing 1, 2, and 3 foot offsets (indicated in the file name). Based on looking at the drone when piloting the offsets, these are estimated offsets. Because of the distance covered in the image, one can see whether there are distance effects on the proper offset. I believe this is affected in a rough way--large distances would require higher offset and the distances in these images are not that far. For this comparison I adjusted the red/cyan layers to maximally overlap at the farmhouse.

There is a sweet spot for the best viewing distance from the monitor. For me the best offset here is maybe 2 feet. For critical subjects I acquire a series with increasing offsets.DJI_0605-06-1ft.jpgDJI_0605-07-2ft.jpgDJI_0605-08-3ft.jpg

Reactions: AMann
My desert trip was a bust due to high winds, but here are some near my hometown I just processed today.
I did a 5-foot offset for the higher one, and a 3-foot offset for the near ground level one:Old Cottonwood - San Jacinto River CA.jpg
San Jacinto River.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98