Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Aerial Tour of My City

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Last fall I shot twenty six 360° panoramas over my city with my Mavic Air 2. I processed each shot in After Effects to make video clips which were assembled in Premiere to make the video below. I reused the AE project for each clip to save some time as the setup and export is a long process. It's important to use motion blur to make a good video clip.

Last fall I shot twenty six 360° panoramas over my city with my Mavic Air 2. I processed each shot in After Effects to make video clips which were assembled in Premiere to make the video below. I reused the AE project for each clip to save some time as the setup and export is a long process. It's important to use motion blur to make a good video clip.

your gonna get a talking too. Good luck

You’re quite right! I can’t watch it. All the gimbal movements need editing out and then there will be little left. Sorry.

Cool shots, butI’d recommend editing dow to 3-3 minutes max. That was the reply to my second upload and posting on this site. (I now understand why their are so many used mavic products for sale online). New people need positive feedback not mater of fact stuff. Just my opinion...
I understand what you are saying. However this video was an experiment. I contains NO airborne video. It's completely made from 360° panorama images.

I understand what you are saying. However this video was an experiment. I contains NO airborne video. It's completely made from 360° panorama images.

I don’t mean to be harsh but a lot of people post videos with very distracting movement. It’s still the same regardless of how the video is assembled. If you look at any TV video or movie you will never see movements like these.

The reason this is disturbing to watch is the way your brain perceives vision. When you move your eye view around a scene it is being commanded by the brain. In contrast if a scene being viewed is suddenly jolted from the current view the brain has to workout what has happened. Has the body moved? Has the balance monitored by the inner ear changed? Have the eyes moved by themselves? It is an area that has been greatly studied and more so recently with virtual reality goggles.

What would have been better is smooth and more continuous movement around your pano that the eye can follow.

You’ll see the same with inexperienced pilots that post videos that show poorly controlled gimbal or aircraft movement.

Having said that you’ve done a remarkable job of stitching the panos together.

Only critique I have and I'm very bad at doing it as well - is moving / panning the camera / drone too fast. A nice steady slower movement makes far better video - IMHO. Even in tripod mode, the drone "can" move too fast for a good video movement - so lots of practice with the sticks is key to getting a great video.

Would love to come and fly in Canada, but your PM won't allow us "southerners" in Canada for the time being. Sad too - as places like British Columbia are so great.

Reactions: radop211
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3