DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerials from France

pilou

Reactions
Hey everyone !
I'm a long time lurker and have posted on a few threads (including one prepping this trip about filming in the cold, unfortunately I didn't manage to shoot there).

Anyways, I just finished my first drone edit and thought you guys might like it : >it's here<
any comment to enhance the next one will be greatly apreciated !

That is a brilliant video - well done - especially if that is your first drone edit.

Can you tell me what are the rules like for droning in France?

Hey everyone !
I'm a long time lurker and have posted on a few threads (including one prepping this trip about filming in the cold, unfortunately I didn't manage to shoot there).

Anyways, I just finished my first drone edit and thought you guys might like it : >it's here<
any comment to enhance the next one will be greatly apreciated !

Great Job!!!!!

Thanks for your answers guys !
Jeff, regarding France this website is made by the state to give you an idea of the athorised areas : Géoportail

It's kind of a pain since there's no tolerance in flying over any building. And it's 150m height max (click on the map, it will tell you the ceiling in the area you're looking.)

Hope this helps !

Nicely done! I like how you color corrected your footage. Did you use a specific LUT/preset or do it yourself?

Loved the dancing! Fun!

I think you had some good shots but you should lay off the speed ups. They are not cinematic. Didn’t get why was almost everything speed up. The video was also jittery, could be issue with speed ups or just lower frame rate of your project then the footage was shot at. Still impressive for a first go.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the constructive comments, Floyd : I graded most of the footage with the tools in première (there's a full heading section) and tried to keep the same (adjusted ) settings for each sequence. When I couldn't get where I wanted (or if it's too noisy) I used after effects.

Derlisz : I have to admit I did accelerate all the shots. I think I wanted to "show more" of the shot in the limited time of a few beats of the song. I understand what you mean and I probably abused a bit the option.. the jittery-ness comes from the acceleration (that I hoped to stabilize in after effects but no luck !) And also because even if I tweaked my mavic's settings I still can't make a smooth pan move from beginning to end.

If anyone have recommendations about reducing the jittery-ness in flight or post I'd be very interested !

Apart from reducing the sensitivity of yaw you can practice jamming your thumb between the stick and controller body. This will give you a steady input on yaw.

... practice jamming your thumb between the stick and controller body...
As someone still learning the intricacies of flying, please go into more detail about this tip. Not sure I understand how jamming your thumb anywhere can make for smoother flying. Thanks!

As someone still learning the intricacies of flying, please go into more detail about this tip. Not sure I understand how jamming your thumb anywhere can make for smoother flying. Thanks!
There are two main techniques of operating a controller: "thumbing" or "pinching". Both are equally good and have people swear by each one. They both need a lot of practice and you might find that you are not getting as steady input on yaw and when you for example do a panorama the speed of yaw keeps changing. I your thumb is resting at the bottom of the stick against the controller on one side and the stick on the other the input should remain more or less the same.

Reactions: pilou and floyd
Thanks derlisz ! Never heard of this neither (i've always been pinching ).
I'll try it out on my flight tomorrow

Edit : I also tried to reduce the yaw, I guess I just need more practice.

Reactions: Derlisz
Hey guys,

Thanks for the constructive comments, Floyd : I graded most of the footage with the tools in première (there's a full heading section) and tried to keep the same (adjusted ) settings for each sequence. When I couldn't get where I wanted (or if it's too noisy) I used after effects.

Derlisz : I have to admit I did accelerate all the shots. I think I wanted to "show more" of the shot in the limited time of a few beats of the song. I understand what you mean and I probably abused a bit the option.. the jittery-ness comes from the acceleration (that I hoped to stabilize in after effects but no luck !) And also because even if I tweaked my mavic's settings I still can't make a smooth pan move from beginning to end.

If anyone have recommendations about reducing the jittery-ness in flight or post I'd be very interested !
I've gotten my smoothest Mavic videos from routes flown with the Litchi app. It'll fly the way points while keeping the camera on the points of interest you designate, and very smoothly transition from one POI to another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters