DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aeroscope removed from DJI Fly 1.4.12

PuskePilot

Reactions
After installing or upgrading to DJI Fly app version 1.4.12, the "AEROSCOPE" menu option is no longer present! This used to allow pilots to activate or deactivate the remote UUID transmission (I have a Mini 2). Makes me wonder if this means that the drone is now transmitting remote id information during flight behind our backs. Has anyone else seen this or is it just me?

Last edited:
The basic information has always been transmitted since that was introduced back in the Mavic Pro days, the ID and purpose are just additional info you can willingly give.

Until the current version, I could stop the transmission of the uuid and additional information from my Mini 2 so I have to disagree (please see the screenshots)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-110836.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-110836.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20211018-110850.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-110850.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 100
So why did they bother with a menu with on / off and why has that menu now been removed in the current version?

As mentioned there was additional information you could give, but that doesn't mean you were invisible if you didn't (responding to the "now transmitting remote id information during flight behind our backs", that's always been the case).
As to removal, no idea. Have you found it was gone even when you were connected to the remote and aircraft?

No, that was looked into by the DJI hacking groups at the time. The option isn't "fake functionality", it's just that while it toggles the part of the functionality it says there is more that's always there.

My point is that even with these off there is still information transmitted.
I don't care what is transmitted. I just don't want my take off location or name transmitted. I don't mind my drone being policed, like a car would be, I just don't think my personal position and or name should be given to every tom, **** and harry, including the media, who has a beef against drone pilots. Only police should know where the pilot is, so they can issue a ticket if deemed appropriate, or whatever the purpose will be, like to identify you as the pilot, so the pilot can be identified physically and a report of inappropriate flight behavior be reported to the FAA. But even with this RID system, hackers will break it sooner or later.

Don't worry about Aeroscope not being on the App. It's not relevant to RID being active. You'll know when they begin initiating those protocols.

What exactly is transmitted?

What exactly is transmitted?
The set up for the Mini 2 was that you could turn aeroscope on or off. You can either transmit nothing, or just the uuid of your drone or the uuid and a text explanation of the flight. It was in the Safety Menu of the DJI Fly app when the drone was connected. It has disappeared with recent versions making me wonder what is transmitted (in Europe). DJI told me it is a bug that they intend to fix

is a little easier. Someone has written a GUI for it.

Worth noting you need to use Go4 versions .48 or below and DJI Fly 1.5.x on android

Apple and newer versions reset the bit and data is sent again.

(DJI openly lied about telemetry and ID being encrypted - its not)

Experimented with this on my M2P.

It works using the linked version of Go4 and remains off. Verified on Smart Controller and Samsung tablet.

However, if you even ENTER the remote ID menu in the app, even with no changes it resets the data.
So once set, dont go into that menu.

Can't use it on my Mini3 even if firmware supports it as the Fly app that works is before the drone was released

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme