DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AFC/MF toggle issue DJIgo4 Android

Paul2660

Reactions
With both android devices I have running DJIgo4(Smart Controller and Crystalsky), I have noticed that even if you toggle off (under the camera settings) AFC (auto focus continuous). the icon on the main screen of DJIgo4 never changes. It's always AFC/MF. With the iOS version, when you toggle AFC off, the icon on the main screen changes to AF/MF.

I do not want to use AFC, and prefer to use AF to gain focus, then switch to MF for the remainder of the stills.

This same issue also shows up on the Crystalsky.

Is there another way to turn off AFC on the Android version of DJIgo4? So that it no longer shows on the main screen?

Also is there a way to move the location of the AFC/MF icon on the main screen of DJIgo4? Just would like to move to a less cluttered location on the screen.

Thanks
Paul C

With both android devices I have running DJIgo4(Smart Controller and Crystalsky), I have noticed that even if you toggle off (under the camera settings) AFC (auto focus continuous). the icon on the main screen of DJIgo4 never changes. It's always AFC/MF. With the iOS version, when you toggle AFC off, the icon on the main screen changes to AF/MF.

I do not want to use AFC, and prefer to use AF to gain focus, then switch to MF for the remainder of the stills.

This same issue also shows up on the Crystalsky.

Is there another way to turn off AFC on the Android version of DJIgo4? So that it no longer shows on the main screen?

Also is there a way to move the location of the AFC/MF icon on the main screen of DJIgo4? Just would like to move to a less cluttered location on the screen.

Thanks
Paul C

That is kinda weird I never noticed that. You can’t move it no unfortunately.

I’m curious why you can’t just focus with AFC with a tap to focus or right trigger button and then switch to manual? I don’t believe the initial focusing process is different between the two methods but I could be proven wrong here.

I personally don't really trust DJI's AFC for stills. I don't do much video. I prefer to use the AF to hit a spot on my screen that should allow for a good overall focus and good hyper focal shot. Then I switch back to MF for the series. I also don't trust leaving the focus set as I have seen many instances in my own photos where the focus did shift. The focus on the DJI products for me is very hit and miss. Many times I will make multiple shots hitting different parts of a subject, left, right top bottom etc. to assure one series will be in OK focus.

The AFC issue for me on the smart controller, is that what I am seeing is the following:

The drone takes off in AF mode or AFC not sure as the icon alway shows AFC.
After I hit the MF icon to switch, many times I get a green box that covers the majority of the image (I believe that is AFC showing the area that is under it's control).
If I get this, I toggle back to AF, get the small target box for AF, then try to move back to MF.

There is a bit of a delay, again just like on the Crystalsky, about 1 to 1.5 seconds and many times in flight I forget this and hit the MF toggle again, which of course moves it back to AF. On iOS, this switch is instant.

Overall this is my only issue on the Smart controller, as it's a overall a great solution, I will just have to work with the AFC/MF toggle a bit more.

I will open a case with DJI, not that it will matter as I opened a case on the Crystal sky over the same issue months ago and it's apparent that the issue still persists.

Paul C

Update.

I was finally able to get AFC to stay off. I just kept going into settings turning it off and hitting the AF on screen. It takes about a full minute but finally the AFC icon switches to AF and stays that way. Even when you turn off the smart controller. I also was able to get it switched on my Crystalsky.

It can be done. It’s just not instantly switched like with the iOS version of DJIGo4

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000