DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari-group 9 Wildebeests

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
There are just so many great images, I couldn't help but want to share these additional shots of the great Mara River crossing we were lucky to see. I have included an image of one of the poor fellows who didn't make it. Rather, it ended up in the jaws of a crocodile. Click on each image for larger screen.

Comments always welcomed.

Dale
Miami
This one didn't make it.jpg

Attachments

• Huge mass of horns.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • Crashing and Splashing into the Mara River.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Wildebeests rush to shore-BW.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • Wildebeests Masses crash into the water- BW.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Wildebeests-closeup-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • Wildebeests starting across river.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
They were a lot like catching lightning , very fast moving and hard to keep in focus , That Crock pic is the star of the show: Edited from Alligator.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
They were a lot like catching lightning , very fast moving and hard to keep in focus , That Alligator pic is the star of the show:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Thanks again.
First of all, we have alligators here in Florida but in Tanzania they have croccodiles.

Secondly- I shot this spectacle with three cameras, and things were happening so fast I really didn't know what to shoot at first. I had one DSLR body with the Nikon long (600mm) lens which has a very narrow DOF (depth of field) so that only one wildebeest can be in focus amongst hundreds. I also had another body with a zoom 28-300mm with a larger field of view. Then I was also shooting video with the iPhone. My shutter speed was about 1/1000 second and ISO around 800.

Dale

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There are just so many great images, I couldn't help but want to share these additional shots of the great Mara River crossing we were lucky to see. I have included an image of one of the poor fellows who didn't make it. Rather, it ended up in the jaws of a crocodile. Click on each image for larger screen.

Comments always welcomed.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 136679
Great pictures, Dale. Thanks for sharing!

Safety in numbers. Most of the get across the water, a few don't, but that's nature in action.
Really good pics Dale D.
You are exactly right. The proportion of animals lost to crocodiles is minuscule compared to the thousands who make it safely. And after all, there has to be some food for the crocs, vultures, jackals, hyenas, etc. Nature's plan all the way.

Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake