DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Images-group 14 cheetahs, elephants, and zebras

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
All of these images were shot in the Maasai Mara, the westernmost part of Kenya, across the border from Tanzania. The Mara is huge-endless plains of grass as far as the eye can see and 8 times larger than the Serengeti. Click on the image to enlarge and also click on the icons which are slightly larger files. Cheetah-looking into the distance.jpgCheetah-lying on left side.jpgElephants-intertwined trunks.jpgElephant-head and shoulders.jpg

Attachments

• Cheetah-looking for the next meal.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Zebra couple.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Zebras Four and a half.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • Zebras- Six .jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Zebras- Six Black and White.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Zebras- two zebras nine legs.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Zebras-5-grazing.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Zebras-Rear view.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Loved the Zebras Dale.....and I didn't miss that you were a little bit naughty. LOL
Brilliant photos though, particularly liked the first one of the six together....messed with my optic nerve.
For the first time I appreciated in detail their individual and distinct markings ....even the stripes extend into their mohawk mane. The zebra couple was interesting in that the one on the left appeared to have more of a horsy head, less of a rounded snout....probably just the angle, but made him/her a handsome beast.
Thanks again Dale and keep burning the candle editing ....cheers mate.

Loved the Zebras Dale.....and I didn't miss that you were a little bit naughty. LOL
Brilliant photos though, particularly liked the first one of the six together....messed with my optic nerve.
For the first time I appreciated in detail their individual and distinct markings ....even the stripes extend into their mohawk mane. The zebra couple was interesting in that the one on the left appeared to have more of a horsy head, less of a rounded snout....probably just the angle, but made him/her a handsome beast.
Thanks again Dale and keep burning the candle editing ....cheers mate.
You, Mavic Maxwell, are the first one to notice the 5th leg on that zebra, which is why I labeled the image 9 legs. It's amazing how many viewers here and among my 100 recipients on my photo list that have not noted this! You are quite observant. I bet you are jealous.

I have similar images for elephants. BiiiiG!

And yes, that mass of zebra heads was meant to mess with your head.

The color pattern is as different in each zebra as fingerprints are in humans!

Thanks for viewing. I am working on a great set of images. It's too pre-mature to send them out today but they are definitely provocative, with dead animals being eaten by vultures and crocodiles as they fail the migration river crossing.

I continue to be impressed with that Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime lens. You can see every single hair or feather in every image. (Check out the chin whiskers and skin texture on the last elephant image when enlarged (click on that image).

Keep tuned.

Dale
Miami

You, Mavic Maxwell, are the first one to notice the 5th leg on that zebra, which is why I labeled the image 9 legs. It's amazing how many viewers here and among my 100 recipients on my photo list that have not noted this! You are quite observant. I bet you are jealous.

I have similar images for elephants. BiiiiG!

And yes, that mass of zebra heads was meant to mess with your head.

The color pattern is as different in each zebra as fingerprints are in humans!

Thanks for viewing. I am working on a great set of images. It's too pre-mature to send them out today but they are definitely provocative, with dead animals being eaten by vultures and crocodiles as they fail the migration river crossing.

I continue to be impressed with that Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime lens. You can see every single hair or feather in every image. (Check out the chin whiskers and skin texture on the last elephant image when enlarged (click on that image).

Keep tuned.

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale, I guess it is evening time allowing you to respond so quickly.
I think at my age more envious (Envy means discontented LONGING for someone else's advantages. Jealousy means unpleasant suspicion, or apprehension of rivalship. ... Envy is most often used to refer to a covetous feeling toward another person's attributes, possessions, or STATURE in life. Many people use jealous to mean the same thing.) Oh...and I think plenty noticed and were too envious to comment.
Keep them coming ....cheers

Hi Dale, I guess it is evening time allowing you to respond so quickly.
I think at my age more envious (Envy means discontented LONGING for someone else's advantages. Jealousy means unpleasant suspicion, or apprehension of rivalship. ... Envy is most often used to refer to a covetous feeling toward another person's attributes, possessions, or STATURE in life. Many people use jealous to mean the same thing.) Oh...and I think plenty noticed and were too envious to comment.
Keep them coming ....cheers
Is Nairne, South Austarlia near South Australia? You need to fix the profile. Right now in Miami it is 8:37 PM so I have several hours before bedtime. Just pulling your chain!

Here is a sneak preview on the next group of images. Click to enlarge. Look at the details in the eye of the bird!!! This wildebeest was one of about 20 lying dead in the Mara River with a vulture perched on top or a crocodile chomping away on him.
Dead crossing Wildebeest and Vulture.jpg

Ps I really think you need to lash out and get the Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime lens.
I say this because a) you can...and b) we will all benefit from you doing so.

Ps I really think you need to lash out and get the Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime lens.
I say this because a) you can...and b) we will all benefit from you doing so.
Hey! I am 83 years old! I rented that lens for $800 USD for 3 weeks. The lens costs $13,000 USD! No way. Sure I can afford it but I am not sure I'd be going back to Africa after 13 trips.

Point taken and thanks for the attention to profile typo. You, Dale D are the first one to notice the the typo on that profile, ......... It's amazing how many viewers here ...........that have not noted this! You are quite observant.
I know you promote that there is Africa and Africa as first choice (and in your case 1 to 13) but there are a lot of other numbers after that. sequence. If I had the money, passion and such an understanding life partner as you it would be a done deal.....but then again I am only 71, what would I know!

Point taken and thanks for the attention to profile typo. You, Dale D are the first one to notice the the typo on that profile, ......... It's amazing how many viewers here ...........that have not noted this! You are quite observant.
I know you promote that there is Africa and Africa as first choice (and in your case 1 to 13) but there are a lot of other numbers after that. sequence. If I had the money, passion and such an understanding life partner as you it would be a done deal.....but then again I am only 71, what would I know!
Well now we are getting down to personal facts, and in fact, my young wife (I was 24 and she was 18) were married 57 years ago. She was what we call here, a JAP. (e.g.: Jewish American Princess). For our honeymoon, we went to Bermuda for a nice beach hotel.But then, I started her out with a canoe and camping trip in the Canadian Lakes. Quickly we started to do adventure travel...wild places such as India (twice), Pakistan, Asia (Viet Nam, Thailand, Malaysia, Borneo, Myanmar, China twice,Japan) , Galapagos, Patagagonia, Chile (twice), Antarctica (twice), etc. We have been all over the world, including that run of 13 safaris to all of the African countries. It's just how you train them!

I do not apologize for all of this travel and fully realize not everyone has the means or the will to do those kinds of trips, but believe me, I worked my tail off to get through college, medical school, internship and residency in ophthalmology, and 38 years of solo medical practice with a ton of stress doing eye surgeries, so I feel that I deserve every cent I've worked for, and have no reluctance to spend it. No trust fund baby here. My wife can have the $ when I am gone and the kids can have what is left.

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Well said and well earned Dale.
Life is a journey and great to see you have and will continue to enjoy the ride in your retirement.
Love the banter Dale and the lessons learned from your valuable contributions on this forum.

Well said and well earned Dale.
Life is a journey and great to see you have and will continue to enjoy the ride in your retirement.
Love the banter Dale and the lessons learned from your valuable contributions on this forum.
thank you. Enjoyed it too.

Check out the new images sent out in today's forum. There is so much material to shoot in Africa,, it never ends.

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54