DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Pictures group 13 Cheetah and Cape buffalo

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Just 3 more safari days of editing. Here is the result of today's editing session. Of course I won't be using most of these but I was able to cull down from 30 images to a smaller number to select from for the video. Cheetahs, of course, are endangered, but we were treated to seeing some really nice ones. The Cape buffalo is a mean critter, and a favorites hunting target for lions who often sustain terminal injuries from those sharp horns. Most of these were shot with the Nikkor 600mm lens and processed in Photoshop. Click on image to enlarge, and the icons separately to view. Cheetah sitting in grass-.jpgCheetah Walking.jpgCheetah-2.jpgCheetah-3.jpgCheetah-4.jpgTwo Cheetahs in Grass.jpg

Attachments

• Cheetah-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • BIG Cape Buffalo.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Buffalo w curled horns.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • Cape Buffalo-straight on.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • CapeBuffalo-Group.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Large Bull Cape Buffalo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
I seriously think you should enter some of your photos in competitions.
Thanks. I truly intend to enter as many competitions as possible. The judge are often looking for the extra special image. These are good images but are run of the mill. If you see one you think is really unique, please point it out to me because fresh eyes on these would help after working with them all day long.

Reactions: CvCow
Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
but are run of the mill.
I disagree, a couple of the cheetah ones frame the cheetah in grass, #4 especially, the depth of field in #3 and really works for me, they maybe accidentally but still.........
The others have incredble sharpness and resolution.
The large bull seems a bit special too.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are some amazing shots. The two Vampire hunters together will only blood on there mind is awesome, but how did they not see you ? What was the there distraction. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.

You have a lot of good images. My favorites are the ones with the twin cheetahs and multiple buffaloes.

Do you remember the days when we'd shoot a roll of 36 exposures and would hope we got one good one?

You have a lot of good images. My favorites are the ones with the twin cheetahs and multiple buffaloes.

Do you remember the days when we'd shoot a roll of 36 exposures and would hope we got one good one?
At MY age, I certainly do remember buying those rolls of 35mm film. I carefully counted out for 2 rolls a day and thought a lot about pressing the shutter. My problem now is that I have too many good images.

We should talk off line about our young friend.

Just 3 more safari days of editing. Here is the result of today's editing session. Of course I won't be using most of these but I was able to cull down from 30 images to a smaller number to select from for the video. Cheetahs, of course, are endangered, but we were treated to seeing some really nice ones. The Cape buffalo is a mean critter, and a favorites hunting target for lions who often sustain terminal injuries from those sharp horns. Most of these were shot with the Nikkor 600mm lens and processed in Photoshop. Click on image to enlarge, and the icons separately to view. View attachment 137034View attachment 137035View attachment 137037View attachment 137038View attachment 137039View attachment 137040
Simply speaking. Fabulous. You’re terrifically consistent as well. Don’t get bit. Godspeed, Droniac (that last shot is truly cool as they all are)

Simply speaking. Fabulous. You’re terrifically consistent as well. Don’t get bit. Godspeed, Droniac (that last shot is truly cool as they all are)
My heartfelt thanks for your post! I love sharing these images with the world and most of all, my friends on the Mavic Pilots forum.
I'm interested in which one you called the "last shot." Was it the larger file image of the cape buffalo of the lower file image of the cheetah?

Both… and all. Lol. From my sign on to MavicPilots Forum, your work has always stood out to me. It’s been inspirational to me as well. So thanks for that.
But, to answer your query, the dual cheetahs shot somehow … got me. Really nice, Dale. Keep editing and posting the rest. Godspeed, Droniac.

Both… and all. Lol. From my sign on to MavicPilots Forum, your work has always stood out to me. It’s been inspirational to me as well. So thanks for that.
But, to answer your query, the dual cheetahs shot somehow … got me. Really nice, Dale. Keep editing and posting the rest. Godspeed, Droniac.
As soon as I get through the e-mails I'll be here at the iMAC editing all day long.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: CvCow and Droniac
Just 3 more safari days of editing. Here is the result of today's editing session. Of course I won't be using most of these but I was able to cull down from 30 images to a smaller number to select from for the video. Cheetahs, of course, are endangered, but we were treated to seeing some really nice ones. The Cape buffalo is a mean critter, and a favorites hunting target for lions who often sustain terminal injuries from those sharp horns. Most of these were shot with the Nikkor 600mm lens and processed in Photoshop. Click on image to enlarge, and the icons separately to view. View attachment 137034View attachment 137035View attachment 137037View attachment 137038View attachment 137039View attachment 137040
Really nice photos.

Cheetah - #3 & #6 look REALLY good to me.

Cape Buffalo Straight on is really good too.

As I stated in a previous post, you may not think a pic is good, but others do. I do understand you want to submit the best of your best, especially in a photograph show or competition!

Cheetah - #3 & #6 look REALLY good to me.

Cape Buffalo Straight on is really good too.

As I stated in a previous post, you may not think a pic is good, but others do. I do understand you want to submit the best of your best, especially in a photograph show or competition!
You're, right of course.

Dale

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000