DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aft Motor Mount Screw Access

ReadyKilowatt

Reactions
Forgive me if this has been answered already, my search skills might not be up to the task. Today I realized I had been flying the Mavic for about a year without tightening the screws! This is something I do once a month or 8 flight days on my Inspire 1 without fail but for whatever reason I didn't have the maintenance plan in place on the Mavic.

Anyway I went through with an hex wrench tonight and rectified the situation. Except for the aft motor mounts, which are covered by the landing skids. Is it OK to pop off the skids without damage? They didn't seem to have any flex or "give" at all and I don't want to force them off only to find out they're glued on or something. However I got easily a full turn on the fore motors (and about 1/2 turn on all the others) so I think it might be pretty important to check them. There's also one on the fuselage that has anti-tamper glue in the hole so that one didn't get done either.

BTW the fore motor screws are in an awkward spot because of the landing strut, one of the screws is very hard to get to with a fold-out hex key set.

thanks!

What makes u think they come loose?? Lol because of the plastic arms the motors have a gel type loctite on screws to the brushless motors. As regular loctite will eat away at the plastic. Are your motors loose? Also i wouldnt go doing full turns like u are .....of course u will get a full turn everything is plastic and run the risk of making it weak and brittle in cold weather let alone crack from being to tight

Reactions: wytnyt
All the screws were a little loose, likely due to vibration, even if DJI put thread lock on them at the factory. And DJI even sent a hex wrench with my Inspire 1, so I think that's something that should be at least checked from time to time.

I'm trying to avoid having a loose motor by performing routine maintenance. If they got bad enough to have noticeable motor movement it should be grounded immediately.

What makes u think they come loose?? Lol because of the plastic arms the motors have a gel type loctite on screws to the brushless motors. As regular loctite will eat away at the plastic. Are your motors loose? Also i wouldnt go doing full turns like u are .....of course u will get a full turn everything is plastic and run the risk of making it weak and brittle in cold weather let alone crack from being to tight
i couldnt agree more

All the screws were a little loose, likely due to vibration
but when temps rise they may snug back up,with glue on the screws im sure a auto torque driver was used,especially since its plastic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54