DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After A Year In A Pine Tree In Maine, She's Back!

JDFMavic

Reactions
Some of you may remember a post I submitted about a year ago explaining how I recklessly parked my Mavic Zoom 2 about 80' high in a Pine tree while on vacation in Maine. I recently got a call from the property owner who explained that she finally fell down and wanted to come home. Once I received her I realized three of the props were damaged and there was something loose rattling around inside.

After locating a "how to" video on YouTube I opened her up to find a nest of ants and the IMU rubber mounts were broken off, hence the rattle. I evicted the ants, ordered and installed a new IMU, charged the original battery and upgraded the firmware. She's now back in the air flying with the precission and grace as when she was new. Not showing any signs of disfuntion or anger towards me for making her spend a long cold winter in Maine.

Actually, I am very impressed with the quality of DJI's Mavic Zoom. She hit that pine tree going close to fifty and didn't brake any vital parts. Anyway, I'm happy to have her back and working.

What type of gift are you sending the property owner?

Reactions: Steel63
You're right, I should have documented it. I tried to post the video again of the crash, but for some reason I can't upload the .mp4 file

You're right, I should have documented it. I tried to post the video again of the crash, but for some reason I can't upload the .mp4 file
You have to upload the video to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. then get a share code from the site. Finally paste it into you post... an overview image of you video will appear in your post.

video cannot be directly uploaded to these servers.

Here's what can happen if you're not familiar with using sport mode. I fail to realize how long it takes to gain altitude when going 45 to 50 mph.

Video is marked private. :(

priv.PNG

Amazing! Glad you got your MZ back and even more importantly able to fly after being out in the elements for over a year.

That story with pictures....DJI "might" be interested....I know I would if one of my products went through that!

Thanks for all the positive feed back! It does speak to the quality of their bird. I was completely amazed that when I tested all her sensors and maneuvers she was spot on. Even the battery took a full charge and ran for the full 20+ minutes.

A year outside in a tree and it’s not junk . Wow . We hear story’s of drones getting wet and they are dead . I would go buy a lotto ticket . Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes