DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After zooming

Ed H

Reactions
This is the second time this is happen. After I was zooming the camera got weird. I would turn the wheel and nothing would happen Then I put my hand in front of the camera and it took about 12 seconds for it to see it. The same thing when I pulled my hand away. I am using a I pad 4 So I try my I phone 12 and it seem to work ok?? Has anyone else have a
problem flying with a I pad 4?

This site may help answer your question.

This excerpt more specifically:
  • iPad Mini 4 (Some pilots said that this model is a bit slow and iPad mini 5 works better)
I'm an Android guy so I'm not up to speed on the similarities or differences between Apple devices but you could be experiencing the slowness that other pilots have reported while using the Mini 4.

This is the second time this is happen. After I was zooming the camera got weird. I would turn the wheel and nothing would happen Then I put my hand in front of the camera and it took about 12 seconds for it to see it. The same thing when I pulled my hand away. I am using a I pad 4 So I try my I phone 12 and it seem to work ok?? Has anyone else have a
problem flying with a I pad 4?
I am a bit confused on what your issue is. You state "Zoom" and turning a "wheel" are you talking the right side wheel or left side wheel? What does this wheel normally do? Are you then saying that after zooming the wheel ceased to work?

Then your putting your hand in front of the camera (For what reason when zooming?) It takes it 12 seconds to see it...what does that mean...to focus (Which is not the same as zoom) or the screen view is black?

A very confusing post, but I guess we can get straight to the actual question. Ipad 4 for the Fly App. Are you talking a iPad (4th Gen)? Or are you asking about the iPad mini 4?

Regardless, it seems to work fine on a newer iPhone...which points to the slower iPad (4th Gen) as being the issue as a mini 4 should work. This is a better list of what works with what in the Apple and Android world, it shows no such iPad 4th Gen...so I will take a gamble and just take a wild guess and say your iPad is too old. Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

You may want to concentrate on articulating questions more clearly as it is a crap shoot to what your getting at...at least for me. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
thanks for sharing!

So what I figured out is that the iphone 12pro works great it's my ipad 4 mini that can't handle it. It says
( Mobile device CPU fully loaded, Related performance will be affected). I guess i need to treat myself to a new device. thanks for listening and sorry for the confusion.

So what I figured out is that the iphone 12pro works great it's my ipad 4 mini that can't handle it. It says
( Mobile device CPU fully loaded, Related performance will be affected). I guess i need to treat myself to a new device. thanks for listening and sorry for the confusion.
It's Prime Day on Amazon today and tomorrow. You may be able to find a great deal on a new tablet.

With the iPad make sure all background apps are closed before you fly. I don't use apple myself but my android phone gave me that message one time and when i did device maintenance there were over 20 apps running in background.
I make a point of physically closing everything as part of my preflight now and haven't had a problem since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair