DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket batteries

Eyeonyou

Reactions
Seeing how oem batteries are getting harder to come by and who knows how long they have been sitting around on a shelf what is my best option for aftermarket batteries? I’ve looked on Amazon and there are several but they all look the same to me.

Seeing how oem batteries are getting harder to come by and who knows how long they have been sitting around on a shelf what is my best option for aftermarket batteries? I’ve looked on Amazon and there are several but they all look the same to me.
Amazon has a customer rating system. You simply go with a vendor who has sold the most and who's ratings are highest? Additionally when you click on the item and under the cart is the sellers name, click on that, will tell you more about the seller...seems pretty simple, let those who bought before you give you feedback on which is best or any issues?

Reactions: ehje
I don’t always trust those reviews. I’ve heard a lot are made up and not legit.
Always look for verified purchase under review, it tells you that Amazon verified that they have bought the product from that vendor. Additionally Amazon has one of the best return policies, nothing to fear. Any issue, return it.

Attachments

• Amazon.jpg
    Amazon.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 36
Buy new oem whenever you can.
Normally that would be my advice, but in this instance it is discontinued and no longer in production...OEM batteries would be a HUGE risk for shelf life now. ;)

Yep that’s the only reason I’m looking at aftermarket. I’ve heard some good things about powerextra brand.

Seeing how oem batteries are getting harder to come by
I don't see a shortage on the DJI store. You can check the date of manufacture on Airdata. The last Air 1 battery I purchased from DJI was a year old at the purchase date. Zero issues after 70 flights
I truthfully review items I buy on amazon but what are you going to say about a Battery? costs a lot of money lasts a long time..
When I read product reviews that have the same phrasing and sentence structure as the advertising I generally move on

I wouldn’t want to buy a “new” battery that has been sitting on a shelf for a year. And wouldn’t you need the battery in your hand to get that data? Kinda defeats the purpose when you already bought it.

The only thing I don’t like about powerextra even though it seems to get good reviews[emoji849]is the look of it. The color is off and they don’t look like oem

I found the Powerextra battery I bought from Amazon for my MP, to be slightly larger than standard, is a tight fit, but does the job OK. Have any of you had this problem?

I was looking at the expertpower on Amazon. They look identical to the oem ones which I like. They are the same price as the powerextra ones. Has anyone tried these ones before?

Well I'll be dipped. Never knew that "Review Writer" could be a job option. Are we talking about reviewing items on sale via Amazon, that the reviewer never actually bought or tested ? Inquiring minds demand to know.
Buys it, writes the review, gets paid plus cost of product.

Buys it, writes the review, gets paid plus cost of product.

Never crossed my mind that such an arrangement could exist. I'll never look at a review in the same light again. Must say I did wonder now and then, about why some ebay product reviews were so eloquent and enthusiastic ha ha.

Reactions: Galeforce1
I rarely review anything I buy as I feel the review system is broken. Surely if something turns up on time and does it’s job it only deserves a 3 out of 5 rating. If it excels in some way it gets 5 and conversely is c**p only gets 1 (as it is unusual to be able to withhold a rating). But no, everyone is exhorted to give a 5 rating on the bay of fleas/amazon or the sellers get penalised.

I would love to know what brand of aftermarket batteries people on here have used and what there experience was.

I swear by the power extra batteries. Just as good as the original. They work great and haven’t had a problem in over a year of use. I have two of them and two OEM batteries for my MPP. The perform exactly the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S