DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Long Range Antenna

dsd317

Reactions
Just like with my P3P, I'm not looking for long range performance. I'm looking for better signal penetration or stronger signal for reliable controller-to-Mavic connection in areas with lots of interference/obstacles (wifi, trees, houses, power lines, etc., etc.).

For my P3P, I've used cheap antennas from ebay/amazon to the popular ones from FPVLR and DMS mods.

For Mavic Pro, FPVLR has: Mavic Pro Antennas Archives - FPVLR
Has anyone tried these yet? Has DBS Mods released their Mavic version?

Check this out, might be worth a watch, they link you to their site in the description too!

Thanks! Yes, I've seen this already. This morning, I read somewhere in the comments of one of Chuck's videos where he said they'll release their Mavic version sometime in December. Can't wait to see reviews of DBS and FPVLR antennas.

Thanks! Yes, I've seen this already. This morning, I read somewhere in the comments of one of Chuck's videos where he said they'll release their Mavic version sometime in December. Can't wait to see reviews of DBS and FPVLR antennas.
I'm interested to see what kind of antennas they will be using and whether they can do something more portable (seeing as though that is the main point in the mavic).

I don't see the need for an after market antenna. My occusync gets good distance, penetrates through trees, and performs way better than my P3 Pro light bridge system. It is so good, that I'm not going to even buy a windsurfer.

Good for you! In my area with P3P with aftermarket antenna, I can go over 5000ft until my signal starts to drop. Same area with Mavic....less than 1500ft...then I start to drop 2 bars of signal for both RC and Video.

Everyone's situation/needs are different...so I do see a need for an after market antenna.

Reactions: Gizmo21
Just like with my P3P, I'm not looking for long range performance. I'm looking for better signal penetration or stronger signal for reliable controller-to-Mavic connection in areas with lots of interference/obstacles (wifi, trees, houses, power lines, etc., etc.).

For my P3P, I've used cheap antennas from ebay/amazon to the popular ones from FPVLR and DMS mods.

For Mavic Pro, FPVLR has: Mavic Pro Antennas Archives - FPVLR
Has anyone tried these yet? Has DBS Mods released their Mavic version?

This is a very interesting antenna for sure! Weird design that at a glance seems opposite to a panel shape.

I've seen a tear down of the remote and it's not for the faint of heart.

It's looks like a ***** to take apart and run the wires!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This is a very interesting antenna for sure! Weird design that at a glance seems opposite to a panel shape.

I've seen a tear down of the remote and it's not for the faint of heart.

It's looks like a ***** to take apart and run the wires!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i used to use a Yaggi antenna back in the days of my TBS Disco Pro with 2.4ghz analog video, the range and quality was unmatched.

Reactions: dangerm0us
As much as I’m very interested in these, I’m also very skeptical of them. With the stock antennas, you can already fly about as far of a distance as possible before your battery level warrants flying back. Also, the Mavic is firmware limited to a height of 500 meters. I’m sure these antennas improve the signal strength, but in this case, I’m not seeing the benefits of purchasing these and doing the difficult controller mod. I'm also not seeing any claims on fpvlr.com as to what (if any) benefits there are to using these. Am I missing something?

Good for you! In my area with P3P with aftermarket antenna, I can go over 5000ft until my signal starts to drop. Same area with Mavic....less than 1500ft...then I start to drop 2 bars of signal for both RC and Video.

Everyone's situation/needs are different...so I do see a need for an after market antenna.
I could be wrong, but I heard that the range is limited when you using a video downlink of 1080 vs 720. Which option have you selected in your app settings?

Simple thing to do to increase your signal quality is to manually select the transmission channel in your remote.
By default is set to auto and 20mhz spectrum.

Try 10mhz and select a spectrum with the lowest interference.

This tip cost $0 and will increase the quality of your connection.
Auto channel selection is not very precise.

My 2 cents.

Simple thing to do to increase your signal quality is to manually select the transmission channel in your remote.
By default is set to auto and 20mhz spectrum.

Try 10mhz and select a spectrum with the lowest interference.

This tip cost $0 and will increase the quality of your connection.
Auto channel selection is not very precise.

My 2 cents.
Now here is a question I already asked in another thread but without answer so far:

On my iPhone 6S+ with DJI Go 4.0.4 is is not possible to change anything regarding the transmission channel...
Can someone confirm it works in iOS with the most recent version of the app?
And if yes - what might cause mine not to switch to custom mode here...?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60