DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Mavic Pro Low Noise Propeller Failure

Ken-Mav-Mtl

Reactions
I just got my Mavic Pro back on the Refresh program and I did my first test flight using Brand New Low Noise Propellers. All went well and I shut down and packed the Mav into the carry case so that I could download data.
Funny thing happened when I removed the Mav from the carry case. A small metal "link-pin" fell out of the bag when I removed the Mav Pro. I check the props and found that one of the two link-pins was missing! These were brand new props! Only used on maiden flight. Bought them thru Amazon.
2 x Mavic Pro Platinum Propellers, 2 Pairs of
8331F Noise Reduction Propellers Quick Release
OW COW Propellers Replacement Blades for DJI
Mavic Pro Platinum/DJI Mavic Pro (Golden Stripe)

You can see where I re-inserted the pin and painted it red.

Has anyone else had such a failure?

How can we check for link-pin failure?

I was lucky enough to have ordered 2 sets of replacement props and I will be returning the defective set to Amazon.

Is this a common prop failure? It would have been the end of my Mavic Pro which would have fallen out of the sky.

Hope to see some feedback on this problem.

Attachments

• 20190623_202134.jpg
    20190623_202134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • 20190623_202143.jpg
    20190623_202143.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20190623_202608.jpg
    20190623_202608.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: mereflyer
..... OW COW Propellers Replacement Blades for DJI......
Never heard of this designation, but makes me think they are knock-offs for DJI props. Were they purchased from an authorized DJI reseller?

This is the first time I have seen this particular problem. Good eye in noticing!

They were purchased thru Amazon. I posted the description from the Amazon order that I placed.

I suspect that they are knock-offs and I will order from DJI in future.

Please get the word out not to buy DJI Mavic props from Amazon....!

They were purchased thru Amazon. I posted the description from the Amazon order that I placed.

It is safe to buy them on Amazon, but the seller should say that they are an authorized DJI reseller. DJI itself does sell on Amazon.

What I wanted was a URL/Amazon link to the seller to see if it was listed as is done by DJI or an authorized reseller.

Like you, I suspect they are knockoffs. I’d just ask to return them all.

I'm glad this went as it did for you. I mean, if a prop is going to fail, it's better that it happens other than while flying.

But yeah, props and batts... With all of the very deceiving counterfeits out there, buy these items directly from DJI.

Reactions: Joethedrone
i recently purchased a set of props for my MPP from amazon,it is all in the wording, mine said genuine DJI props for MPP in original packaging and were the same price as the ones listed on the DJI site, i bought them on amazon because at the time DJI were saying out of stock on their site,if the amazon wording says suitable for DJI MMP or MP1 then they are probably knock offs

After comparing the boxes in which the props were delivered, it's now very clear to me that these props were knock-offs of the original product. See the box on the left which contained original DJI low noise props. On the right, "Yx" box is the copy.

I will be requesting a full refund from Amazon, and if anyone here needs to order new props for their Mavic, whether from Amazon or elsewhere, buyer beware, these knock-offs will cost you a lot more money when your drone falls out of the sky for no apparent reason.

Attachments

• 20190624_054601.jpg
    20190624_054601.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Here is another method to determine if you have genuine DJI Low Noise Props.

See photo showing what happened when I used Scotch Tape on the knock-off. The paint came off the cheap knock-off. I tried the same on the genuine DJI prop and the painted wing tip was not affected.
By the way, the vendor of the knock-off is "HuaYe Tech" in China. They claim to have a high Amazon rating (see what "sellerratings.com said:):
"They are a Top 10000 Amazon.com seller, ranked 9,173rd overall. They have improved from the 9,883rd position last month."

Maybe they had a bad production run for the props they sold me but I will stick with Original DJI props.20190624_063858.jpg

Order from Band H Camera. Amazon sells a lot of Knock Off stuff that is actually supplied from outside resellers.

I never have problems with 'fakes' when I order Master Airscrew Stealth prop's for my Mavic Pro. I get a bit of criticism for using 3rd party prop's, but I often wonder how many of us out there are actually flying on cheap DJI copies thinking we are doing the right thing by staying with DJI labelled merchandise??? Ouch!

I never have problems with 'fakes' when I order Master Airscrew Stealth prop's for my Mavic Pro. I get a bit of criticism for using 3rd party prop's, but I often wonder how many of us out there are actually flying on cheap DJI copies thinking we are doing the right thing by staying with DJI labelled merchandise??? Ouch!
Master Airscrew Stealth prop's for Mavic Pro good kit I use them exclusively. Master Airscrew is a good company; very reliable.

Only the ones who don’t know how to tell the difference by reading closely enough.

Reactions: old man mavic
Only the ones who don’t know how to tell the difference by reading closely enough.
True - but - we are seeing (or maybe we aren't seeing - if you know what I mean!), some pretty good imitations of packaging and marketing blurb that makes it sound like a product is the real thing ...

True - but - we are seeing (or maybe we aren't seeing - if you know what I mean!), some pretty good imitations of packaging and marketing blurb that makes it sound like a product is the real thing ...
Agree, that is the art of the knock-off. Not just drone components, and it is clearly a “buyer beware” situation in the online marketplace.

Yes, the title should be modified to reflect Aftermarket Prop, not DJI Prop. It's not always obvious when buying a knock-off, thinking it is the original manufacturer. I only found out after posting the initial post.
Thanks for clarification on the title.

OP—-did you write this up in a product review?

No, I did not write up a product review. I merely reported a situation that I experienced after buying what I thought were genuine DJI props thru the Amazon site.

They turned out not to be genuine DJI props.

I posted in another forum today because of a post whereby a pilot's drone fell out of the sky for no apparent reason. The analysis of his flight data indicated either motor or prop failure.

I merely addressed the possibility that it could have been prop failure, due to my experience last year.

Those are not fakes MA has been making props and helicopters rotor blades for years..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent