DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket prop woes

Trinidadster

Reactions
I just got a set of carbon fiber Owoda propellers. They look great and the front set fits well. The rear just barely clip the body of the drone. No bueno in my book.

I really want split the set....carbon fiber in front, standard in back.

Since the carbon fiber are the new quieter design. I am going to wait for my oem quiet design props come in, so the styles will be similar for test.

The other option would be to take a dremel to the props and shorten them. Seems like weight and balance ideas could make this a bad idea. Then again mixing prop materials is probably not the best idea.

The old standard props will have to suffice for awhile...
I lost a set of nice oem new design props to a story that starts....I put it in sport mode and....

I would always use stock props. Remember, they are the only thing keeping it in the air. Not worth the risk. Far too many stories of problems with after market props.

If anyone has a link to some true research data that verifies all the claims that are “advertised” for these airSCREW props, please provide.
Until then, I will be a non believer.
(and a non-contributor to their advertising ploy)

Reactions: mereflyer
If anyone has a link to some true research data that verifies all the claims that are “advertised” for these airSCREW props, please provide.

Hi there strong words, i am not any sort of advertising member what so ever and feel insulted by that accusation.Here is a small video,hope it helps..

Reactions: Racin8de
Strong music. And tons of research there to disseminate.
Revision: I believe there are more strong words in their advertising than my simple request for information.

Last edited:
I have a MPP with the DJI stock low noise props. I have tried the Master Airscrew props and although I found them to be of good quality and normal performance I did not find they were any quieter than the DJI low noise props. I do like the colors they come in but I felt that was not enough to warrant not using OEM props.

I would always use stock props. Remember, they are the only thing keeping it in the air. Not worth the risk. Far too many stories of problems with after market props.

This 100% never understand folks buying 3rd party props (or batteries for that matter) not worth the risk in my humble opinion

I just got a set of carbon fiber Owoda propellers. They look great and the front set fits well. The rear just barely clip the body of the drone. No bueno in my book.

I really want split the set....carbon fiber in front, standard in back.

Since the carbon fiber are the new quieter design. I am going to wait for my oem quiet design props come in, so the styles will be similar for test.

The other option would be to take a dremel to the props and shorten them. Seems like weight and balance ideas could make this a bad idea. Then again mixing prop materials is probably not the best idea.

The old standard props will have to suffice for awhile...
I lost a set of nice oem new design props to a story that starts....I put it in sport mode and....
I really would not recommend putting different prop'-sets on front and back. The Mavic is inherantly unstable, and relies on feedback electronics to keep it stable by feeding speed-control signal changes to the motors to move it back into stability as soon as any out-of-line movement is 'felt' by the sensing systems of the drone. If you 'unbalance' this with different prop's on different motor senses, then you are going to make the Mavic unstable, and possibly introduce control issues.

If you want to try a different type of prop' on your Mavic Pro, then the 'Master Airscrew' 'Stealth' prop's are the only ones I'd recommend.

Reactions: Trinidadster
Have a look around this Forum Mr @Starz ... The claims made by your peers ought to be worth a whole lot more that the 'advertising claims' made by a mere manufacturer - especially one with an impecable and long running reputation (since 1978) like that held by Master Airscrew!
Seriously - the Master Airscrew ['Stealth'] replacement prop's for the Mavic Pro series are very well made, and do provide better flight-times (i.e. lower battery current draw), lower rpm (less wear on motor components), and have a lower noise level - due to the slower rpm. Personally, I see & hear this every time I fly ...
There are video's on YouTube with various tests comparing prop' types - including the MA Stealth - which do show that they show an improvement in almost all aspects that you measure prop's by - except in top speed. If you want to race your Mavic round the sky, then stick to the 8330 stock DJI prop's.
If you are prepared to look, you will find all the evidence and more that will show you that there are a lot of Mavic fliers out there who can back up the [modest] claims made by Master Airscrew.

Mavic_STEALTH_Propellers_orange_720x.jpg MavPro_MA.jpg

I have a MPP with the DJI stock low noise props. I have tried the Master Airscrew props and although I found them to be of good quality and normal performance I did not find they were any quieter than the DJI low noise props. I do like the colors they come in but I felt that was not enough to warrant not using OEM props.
Wouldn't fly my Mavic Pro Platinum with anything other than Master Airscrew Stealth prop's ... You don't have to look too close to see that the build quality is equivalent (if not better) than the DJI stock 8330's or 8331 'quiet' prop's.

Reactions: Gazmg
I’ve seen a variety of “peer (not mine) reviews”.
Enough to lead to my previous request for something more than what you refer to.

I’ve seen a variety of “peer (not mine) reviews”.
Enough to lead to my previous request for something more than what you refer to.
This is a subject where you are not going to get some independent scientific body to produce a test of all the parameters that could be involved with use of the MA prop's - but - my point is that you can piece together the evidence from comments posted on this forum that tell us that there have been the following type of reviews;
- some who have experienced vibration problems on Mavic Pro - in the same way that you can get vibration prob's when you put DJI 8331 'quiet' prop's on a Mavic.
- some who say that it makes no difference at all
- many who say that the sound level drops when compared to DJI prop's
- many who say that they notice the sound 'frequency' is lower and not so intrusive
- many who say the Mavic hovers a lot steadier than with DJI prop's
- many who note that the rpm shown on the RC controller is lower in the hover with MA prop's
- many who note that they get a minute or two more on a battery flying MA prop's
- some who have found it easier to find their downed Mavic due to the Orange MA prop's

This is of course a personal thing and it's up to you ... I've tried carbon-fibre prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum, but these are just an identical prop' shape in a different material. They made the Mavic a bit more responsive, but didn't add much. The Master Airscrew prop's however, are a bespoke design for the aircraft (rather than a copy), and to that end the quality of the build, and the improved performance, coupled with the minimal cost difference - make them my choice as an 'upgrade'. That's my choice however, and I can assure you I'm on no commissions or have any 'connections' with MA ...

There is this video - which I think comes closest to a good all-round test:

Master air are way more durable as well, have them on my m1 will not go back. I film deer a lot and get way closer than with DJI props, for 20 bucks test yourself, not like we haven’t wasted more than that on something for this bird we don’t use.

Long term members know that there are loads of folks looking to upgrade & seeking help & advice regarding their Mavic Pro so it always disturbs me when 'DJI Purists' shoot down members offering (from experience) great advice on aftermarket upgrades. Master Airscrew aren't paying members to endorse their product - the props speak for themselves & members who stand by them endorse them.............simple............right?

Long term members know that there are loads of folks looking to upgrade & seeking help & advice regarding their Mavic Pro so it always disturbs me when 'DJI Purists' shoot down members offering (from experience) great advice on aftermarket upgrades. Master Airscrew aren't paying members to endorse their product - the props speak for themselves & members who stand by them endorse them.............simple............right?
Correct - 100%

Seems that a portion of the crowd are real fans of this product and that is fine by me. Based on the all the above information, I’m going to pass on the product. I’m not finding anything that definitively proves that it’s an upgrade.
My apologies to those that were disturbed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ