DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aggression...

NoisyGriff

Reactions
I learn loads from this website - as a lurker, rather than a poster.

One of the reasons I don't post is the undertone of aggression on here - I really don't get where it comes from. As is often the way, most of the people on here are friendly, helpful types. However, there is a significant minority of people who really need to take a look at how they behave on here.

The number of questions I see posted from new members that are pounced on by the keyboard warriors is shocking. The warriors seem intent only on making themselves seem clever and strong. Doubtless these guys are invariably fat middle-aged men in gubby t-shirts, posting from smelly dark rooms in their mum's trailer...

One of the reasons I don't post is the undertone of aggression on here - I really don't get where it comes from. As is often the way, most of the people on here are friendly, helpful types. However, there is a significant minority of people who really need to take a look at how they behave on here.

The number of questions I see posted from new members that are pounced on by the keyboard warriors is shocking. The warriors seem intent only on making themselves seem clever and strong. Doubtless these guys are invariably fat middle-aged men in gubby t-shirts, posting from smelly dark rooms in their mum's trailer...

Unfortunately most members that have been here for a while tend to see a trend of noobs that ask the same repetitive questions or lack the common sense to search for their issues accordingly. I don't blame the dedicated people here who thoroughly read an owners manual and complain about the people who don't. My two cents, if you haven't read the manual in it's entirety you shouldn't even be allowed to post here. Better yet wear one of these.
58441f348585486c30c1cc780f78d12b.jpg

Reactions: Fergus McWergus

I love my mums trailer. It's on blocks. So it's a "home", no longer mobile thank you!

Unfortunately most members that have been here for a while tend to see a trend of noobs that ask the same repetitive questions or lack the common sense to search for their issues accordingly. I don't blame the dedicated people here who thoroughly read an owners manual and complain about the people who don't. My two cents, if you haven't read the manual in it's entirety you shouldn't even be allowed to post here. Better yet wear one of these.

I agree. If I see one more post 'do the new props fit my old Mavic?' I'll scream.....

Reactions: Hollow Dog
And you came here to complain against the undertone of aggression in people's messages? Nice one.

Yes, I came here to say I don't like these sorts of people. There's nothing aggressive about not liking unpleasant people. The thing I don't understand is the aggression towards innocent questions and, in particular, the mistakes people make.

Reactions: marklyn
Unfortunately most members that have been here for a while tend to see a trend of noobs that ask the same repetitive questions or lack the common sense to search for their issues accordingly. I don't blame the dedicated people here who thoroughly read an owners manual and complain about the people who don't. My two cents, if you haven't read the manual in it's entirety you shouldn't even be allowed to post here.

This makes sense and I completely see that frustration. Good point.

Aggression springs eternal. It's part of the human condition.

Some would say,I think correctly, that your post is an example of aggressive criticism because it calls out and challenges the very people who are most likely to respond poorly. Some of the most sarcastic and hurtful people here are surprised and angry when their ways are pointed out to them.

Yet there are many people here who try to be kind, and people with good information. Sometimes the same person is both helpful and sympathetic. Overall it is worth it. So we live with it, and try not to be cruel on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
You sound exactly like what your description of others is.

Then you have me misunderstood, and you seem happy to defend those aggressive posts. A useful principle I abide by is that I would't post something I wouldn't say to someone's face. The attacks on some people are pointed and personal, which I wouldn;t expect from people in such an inclusive hobby.

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Aggression springs eternal. It's part of the human condition.

Some would say,I think correctly, that your post is an example of aggressive criticism because it calls our and challenges the very people who are most likely to respond poorly. Some of the most sarcastic and hurtful people here are surprised and angry when their ways are pointed out to them.

Yet there are many people here who try to be kind, and people with good information. Sometimes the same person is both helpful and sympathetic. Overall it is worth it. So we live with it, and try not to be cruel on purpose.

I'm happy to call out unpleasant people for the way they behave. If people read my post and feel like it's an attack on the way they behave, then they are exactly the people that should think hard about whether they are helping or not.

I completely agree with your second point and that's true for the majority on here.

The only time before moe I've posted was after someone accused somebody of condoning rape. WTF? Posts like that are just idiotic.

We're all just waiting for, you know who, to come and close this thread.

It's really unproductive, and in essence is the problem you speak of. "I hate" or "I dislike" whatever.

Like my mentor Eazy-E used to say, the boys in the hood are always hard, come talking that trash and we'll pull your card, knowing nothing life but to be legit, Don't QUOTE me boy, cause I ain't said ****".

Ah, he didn't know it then, but man my homeboy was speaking to you all in these forums.

@Kate am I right or am I right?

In reference to when you wreck your Mavic- think about it-
"I'm rolling now, now under control, wrapped the [Mavic] around a telephone poll, I looked at my Mavic and I said OH BROTHER, I throw it in the gutter and go buy another".

Words to live by my friends. Think about it. Eazy had our answers. We just need to listen.

Reactions: NoisyGriff
We're all just waiting for, you know who, to come and close this thread.

It's really unproductive, and in essence is the problem you speak of. "I hate" or "I dislike" whatever.

Like my mentor Eazy-E used to say, the boys in the hood are always hard, come talking that trash and we'll pull your card, knowing nothing life but to be legit, Don't QUOTE me boy, cause I ain't said ****".

Ah, he didn't know it then, but man my homeboy was speaking to you all in these forums.

@Kate am I right or am I right?

In reference to when you wreck your Mavic- think about it-
"I'm rolling now, now under control, wrapped the [Mavic] around a telephone poll, I looked at my Mavic and I said OH BROTHER, I throw it in the gutter and go buy another".

Words to live by my friends. Think about it. Eazy had our answers. We just need to listen.

I like what you did there. Apparently Eazy was an epic drone pilot, too!

The thread probably is unproductive, unless it gets people to think about whether what they are saying is helpful, or at least funny.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!

My advice to those people who you say tire of answering the same questions is, don't answer them. Just ignore it and move on. I'm sure somebody with more patience and less of a self-righteous outlook to others that you refer to, will be happy to assist. We can all read the instructions and still miss certain elements. Most of us are happy to help others.

My advice to those people who you say tire of answering the same questions is, don't answer them. Just ignore it and move on. I'm sure somebody with more patience and less of a self-righteous outlook to others that you refer to, will be happy to assist. We can all read the instructions and still miss certain elements. Most of us are happy to help others.

This is also true. These are complicated toys that change often as the firmware is updated. That's part of the reason why this forum is so active.

Sure, there are bone questions, but those conversations often lead to something new... or something funny.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy