DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Airsense ADS-B Europe version

xandercage14

Reactions
Is the airsense version available in Europe? I am thinking of buying, but in my stores there are only versions without airsense with serial number 1N. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to fly after the transition period. I called Dji and they say that the Europe version with airsense is not available and will not be

I have a Mavic Air 2 EU version with Airsense, serial number starting with 3N and model MA2UE3W, which I heard is the version with Airsense. As I know, it does not affect as it cant be activated. You can still fly after the transition period under A3 class without ADS-B.

Airsense is just ADS-B In. It doesn't transmit your location to other aircraft, just lets you view manned aircraft that are transmitting their location. Is there any country that actually mandating it?

I have a Mavic Air 2 EU version with Airsense, serial number starting with 3N and model MA2UE3W, which I heard is the version with Airsense. As I know, it does not affect as it cant be activated. You can still fly after the transition period under A3 class without ADS-B.
Where did you here about Serial No starting with 3N having AS, as my Air 2 arrived yesterday and starts with 3N. Not taken it out yet as waiting for weekend to do test flight.

Where did you here about Serial No starting with 3N having AS, as my Air 2 arrived yesterday and starts with 3N. Not taken it out yet as waiting for weekend to do test flight.
If your Mavic Air 2 is MA2UE3W model, then it has Air Sense. I used fake gps and set my location to US and it asked me to activate it.

I take it turned off once it found your proper GPS loc ?
Let everything turned off, download dji fly app 1.1.2 and install it on android. Then use fake gps to set your location in US. Then power on your RC, connect your RC to Phone. Power on the drone and put your controller or your hand on top of your drone so the aircraft itself cant get gps (if you are inside a building, then you dont need to block the top of your drone) open dji fly and it will automatically give you the info to turn on the airsense.

Let everything turned off, download dji fly app 1.1.2 and install it on android. Then use fake gps to set your location in US. Then power on your RC, connect your RC to Phone. Power on the drone and put your controller or your hand on top of your drone so the aircraft itself cant get gps (if you are inside a building, then you dont need to block the top of your drone) open dji fly and it will automatically give you the info to turn on the airsense.
that's weird cause I have the model you mentioned, followed all of your steps but it didn't ask me to turn on airsense!? I chose a location somewhere in the U.S.A in Fake GPS and regardless if I put my cell phone into airplane mode or normal mode, I never got asked for turning airsense on by the DJFly App. The only reason I thought I'd know that I have an airsense version is because the powerseller on eBay offered his Mavic Air 2 stock as Air 2 with airsense hardware on board.

But when I chatted with the DJI support yesterday they told me that there is the oppinion out there that certain air 2 models have the airsense hardware on others don't but DJI doesn't know where these rumors come from and that DJI promises that these are just rumors and not true. None of the European sold products have airsense on board as DJI wrote me and that model versions or serial numbers cannot tell if airsense is on board or not.

The ADS-B issue has been discussed several times. Here is a link where I was involved with the discussion: MA2UE3W vs MA2UE1N.

The MA2UE3W does have the ADS-B chip and is sold outside of North America. I know because that is what I did. My box says CE and there is no indication of AirSense on the box or the drone. However, when I visited the US my MA2 asked if I wanted to enable AirSense, which I did and I was informed of the planes flying around me. I would say that in only 2% of cases was there any need for me to take notice. My MA2 also uses the FCC signal strength where allowed.

The ADS-B implementation in the MA2 will never work in Europe or anywhere outside of North America because it uses a frequency not available in those places.

The ADS-B implementation in the MA2 will never work in Europe or anywhere outside of North America because it uses a frequency not available in those places.
If you'll look in the topic I linked, I'm using it (with the modded app to enable it) and got a warning in Europe. Also, several people on the facebook groups where I found this got alerts in the UK and even Kuwait.

FCC does not have anything to do with the hardware in the MA2. All are capable of it; however, DJI limits the transmission power in countries restricted by CE requirements. Obviously there are ways to hack the system.

Regarding ADS-B, DJI could certainly change the chip on the motherboard in newer versions if they wish. I know that the ADS-B chip in mine from May 2020 will only receive transmissions from an ADS-B transponder with the North American frequency. Thus there is no reason to enable it outside of North America.

Another consideration is that many aircraft use transponders sold in America. If flown in Europe, the MA2 could pick up those transmissions.

FCC does not have anything to do with the hardware in the MA2. All are capable of it; however, DJI limits the transmission power in countries restricted by CE requirements. Obviously there are ways to hack the system.

Regarding ADS-B, DJI could certainly change the chip on the motherboard in newer versions if they wish. I know that the ADS-B chip in mine from May 2020 will only receive transmissions from an ADS-B transponder with the North American frequency. Thus there is no reason to enable it outside of North America.
You're not listening :) I'm talking about ADS-B, not FCC. The modded app I got enabled ADS-B on my 3W model Air 2 and I received an actual warning about an aircraft passing overhead while flying in Europe. See the other topic for a screenshot.

Is the airsense version available in Europe? I am thinking of buying, but in my stores there are only versions without airsense with serial number 1N. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to fly after the transition period. I called Dji and they say that the Europe version with airsense is not available and will not be
For what it's worth today I recieved my standalone DJI Air 2S ( UK) Drone with the ADS-B hardware . The ADS-B logo is on the box and there is an ADS-B sticker on arm of drone and when i turn it on indoors the hardware settings are available.so it definitely has the hardware. I have not flown it yet as I'm awaiting refresh pack but this air 2s clearly marked as (UK) on serial label has ADS-B. This is Not the combo pack

For what it's worth today I recieved my standalone DJI Air 2S ( UK) Drone with the ADS-B hardware . The ADS-B logo is on the box and there is an ADS-B sticker on arm of drone and when i turn it on indoors the hardware settings are available.so it definitely has the hardware. I have not flown it yet as I'm awaiting refresh pack but this air 2s clearly marked as (UK) on serial label has ADS-B. This is Not the combo pack
All S models sold in usa or eu has air sense enabled as default, some ma2 also have it only it is disabled by software, if you install moded app it will enable air sense on ma2 too

All S models sold in usa or eu has air sense enabled as default, some ma2 also have it only it is disabled by software, if you install moded app it will enable air sense on ma2 too
Hi, I can confirm that the air sense (ADS-B) hardware is in the UK Version of the Air 2S and it works perfect both on ios and android stock apps downloaded from app stores , as soon as the remote connects to aircraft you get the option to enable it and then settings are available in the app, I took drone for its first flight and as I'm close to Inverness airport in Scotland I got a warning of a manned aircraft nearby .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_