DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 and Air 2s batteries

AVLJMA

Premium Pilot
Reactions
If I am understanding this correctly, the Mavic Air 2 batteries are identical to the DJI Air2s batteries? I bought the MA2 about a month ago. If the batteries are the same, I am going to sell the MA2 and upgrade to the DJI Air 2s. The upgrade is just too good pass up if I can recoup $450 on my purchase. I heard OcuSync 3.0 is amazing.
Any thoughts from the community?

The batteries are the same, if you want the extra video quality and the other new features, and are willing to pay extra for them, its a good upgrade for you.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The batteries are the same, if you want the extra video quality and the other new features, and are willing to pay extra for them, its a good upgrade for you.
I also like the fact that there is a digital zoom on stills that the MA2 doesn't have.

I have the MA2 FMC from last year. I just purchased the standalone Air2S this year as I don’t need the extras and can just share the parts between both drones. Or sell the Air 2 standalone as is. Typically the resale value on accessories is very low anyway so no point buying new.

I have the MA2 FMC from last year. I just purchased the standalone Air2S this year as I don’t need the extras and can just share the parts between both drones. Or sell the Air 2 standalone as is. Typically the resale value on accessories is very low anyway so no point buying new.
I think you’re exactly right. I have the MA2 and will get the 2s. I have enough batteries and accessories. I will just get the stand alone A2s

How about the Remote Controller? (The grey one). Is it also the same as for MA2? I am asking as I have one modified for Alientech duo. I could imagine Ocusync 3 might be just a software upgradable..

The controller is different. It has 4 antennas vs the 2 in the MA2. I'm guessing it is technically possible for it to support O3 but why would anyone bother when they get a controller with the A2S.

The controller is different. It has 4 antennas vs the 2 in the MA2. I'm guessing it is technically possible for it to support O3 but why would anyone bother when they get a controller with the A2S.
Actually, I believe that you are incorrect on this. The A2S drone has two extra antennas, not the controller

Reactions: gogorokokoko
Really? I stand corrected.

Really? I stand corrected.

I think its due to the FCC filing, its operating under the same approval as the Air 2 remote. If it was any different electrically, it would have had a different approval. Only way to know for sure is a teardown comparison... That being said having flown both I with their own respective remotes I haven't observed any meaningful additional range increase on the Air 2S with "Ocusync 3.0", feels more like Ocusync 2.1 at best...

I think its due to the FCC filing, its operating under the same approval as the Air 2 remote. If it was any different electrically, it would have had a different approval. Only way to know for sure is a teardown comparison... That being said having flown both I with their own respective remotes I haven't observed any meaningful additional range increase on the Air 2S with "Ocusync 3.0", feels more like Ocusync 2.1 at best...
That is good to know. The specs say the O3 is suppose to get 2km more distance. I was not disappointed in the MA2's range so it is no big deal either way regarding signal.

That is good to know. The specs say the O3 is suppose to get 2km more distance. I was not disappointed in the MA2's range so it is no big deal either way regarding signal.
If anything the MA2 Range will be slightly better than that of the 2S due to the 3 mins extra on the battery.

If anything the MA2 Range will be slightly better than that of the 2S due to the 3 mins extra on the battery.
Under normal conditions where you're not really flying 10-12KM, depending on which model your flying, chances are you going to do better with MA2S, irregardless of the battery life.

Under normal conditions where you're not really flying 10-12KM, depending on which model your flying, chances are you going to do better with MA2S, irregardless of the battery life.
Better camera wise sure, not flight time or distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada