DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Batteries Dead?

barrgr54

Reactions
A friend has inherited her brother-in-law’s Air2 after he passed away nearly two years ago. Unfortunately, the batteries have not been charged during that time and now won’t charge up. The DJI shop here said they can’t be restored and are now unavailable new as well. Any suggestions on what we can do, please.

Reactions: GFields
Air 2S batteries are the same. You can replace them with that. But I believe they are still available.

I'm curious about the batteries that won't charge. Is this a typical situation? Is there a chance that they would charge if they were left on the charger for a longer period of time? Is there anything else that could be done that might get them to take a charge?

There are tricks that have brought batteries back to life. Many YouTube videos on it. LIPO batteries can be very dangerous if not handled very carefully so it's not usually recommended to mess with them. I have had success reviving a P2 and a P4 battery, but generally, these batteries should not be trusted after they have been neglected for so long.

You may want to check eBay and Facebook marketplace for batteries as well. I was able to find 5 new batteries for my Air2S for $30. They all tested perfectly and were still factory packed and sealed. So keep your eyes out for deals.

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
I just bought batteries for my Mavic Air from DJI. I think they were 85 bucks.
I had ask them to notify me when they were back in stock. I thought that was wishful thinking at the time. It was a big surprise to be notified.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
They are available from the DJI store

Thanks for the link, purchased one a few months ago from DJI at $115. The link you provided has the battery for the Air 2
at 20% off, So I picked one up.
Has anyone had this happen? IMy Mavic air 2 battery arrived yesterday with a 50% charge. When it fully charged my DJI charging hub turned RED. My other two batteries are less than a year old and when they fully charge the charging hub done not turned red. all three batteries do indicated a full charge though. I called DJI and the tech stated there was no issue with the battery. The hub seems to work fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000