DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 pano

That could be caused by the waves moving between the shots. I've had similar results in over water 360s.

Reactions: Stevo_b
Oh yes of course, it's getting its altitude from the sea I guess & the swell (although pretty flat today) is not allowing for a stable fixed position, I wonder if there's a way around that?

Oh yes of course, it's getting its altitude from the sea I guess & the swell (although pretty flat today) is not allowing for a stable fixed position, I wonder if there's a way around that?
You can try stitch it with another program like Image Composite Editor (free from Microsoft). I sometimes edit them in photoshop by copying the raised part and moving it down.

Yes, to get the horizons right you'll have to stitch it in PTGui or something similar. I shoot over the ocean a lot and the various shots don't usually line up, especially when it is done in camera. You'll need a program that will help you align them. It is less noticeable on land as the horizons aren't usually straight, flat lines.

Shot this today using the auto 360 pano and it was 11mph with some gusts. You can see it affected the stitching on the horizon left center. But I did a vertical pano on my own with a series of 5 shots and used PTGui and it came out fine. I find both this drone and my MP2 rarely have perfect stitching coming right out of the camera, especially for images with so many image elements. I shot the third one at bottom about 6 days ago in wind that was making warnings pop up so probably gusts over 20 mph at 350 ft. and it came out fine. Go figure. PTGui or a similar program is the best way to go. I asked this question about a year ago hoping the brain trust here would have some magic clue and to why the in-camera stitching on my MP2 produces uneven horizons and they all said stitch it outside of the drone. Sometimes you get lucky but with the drone taking so many shots so fast and stitching so quickly, it is not a surprise this happens.

FE Pano.jpgPiti--Pano-June-2,-2020_1-stitched-LO.jpgDJI_0099.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: akawho and Lionfish
OK, here's the same 26 image pano edited in PTGui in auto mode. I didn't adjust anything and there is just a slight bump on the horizon that is pretty easily fixed in either PTGui or Photoshop. If you just want a quick Facebook shot, in camera can roughly pass but for good stitching outside Apps work best. Also, I edited the PTGui shot using RAW shots so overall things look better. PTGui can edit RAW.PANO0001-Panorama-1-ed-LO.jpg

OK, here's the same 26 image pano edited in PTGui in auto mode. I didn't adjust anything and there is just a slight bump on the horizon that is pretty easily fixed in either PTGui or Photoshop. If you just want a quick Facebook shot, in camera can roughly pass but for good stitching outside Apps work best. Also, I edited the PTGui shot using RAW shots so overall things look better. PTGui can edit RAW.View attachment 103451
Very nice, have you used anything other than PTGui? Wanted to play around but it looks like its 140 usd for a license.

Very nice, have you used anything other than PTGui? Wanted to play around but it looks like its 140 usd for a license.
I also use Photoshop CC 2020 and Luminar 4. I tried the 360 shot in Luminar just now and it didn't handle it very well but perhaps I needed to tell it that the pano was a 360. Here is an 21-shot horizontal Pano done in Luminar 4. It did quite well. Since you get the stitcher and a lot of excellent Photoshop style features with Luminar, it is a good bet. I think they are having a sale now too. Stewart from dronefilmguide.com has a deal on his site where you can get it for $69 right now. It is very powerful for the price and no subscription!! I just saw Stewart's e-mail. I have no affiliation with either but I do like programs that you just buy and own as opposed to subscriptions. Also, Luminar handles DNG files. This was done with DNG.Piti-June-3,-2020-ed-lo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionfish
Reactions: TheRock
Reactions: akawho and TheRock
OK, here's the same 26 image pano edited in PTGui in auto mode. I didn't adjust anything and there is just a slight bump on the horizon that is pretty easily fixed in either PTGui or Photoshop. If you just want a quick Facebook shot, in camera can roughly pass but for good stitching outside Apps work best. Also, I edited the PTGui shot using RAW shots so overall things look better. PTGui can edit RAW.View attachment 103451

Saved your few posts as bookmarks. Although I'm not having this issue, I'm certain its bound to come up so thanks in advance!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett