DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 RC loosing signal, Has something changed in the RC Firmware ?

AusTrekie

Reactions
The last few flights on my Mavic Air 2 at a distance of between 600m - 800m has lost RC connection, causing display to be lost on iPhone. Never had this issue previously on any of my flights, and this has occurred in different areas. Have herd some similar issues with Mini 2 firmware update, but I now wonder if the RC is the issue. This has become frustrating, and makes me weiry now when I fly. Has anyone else experienced this RC disconnection ? Satellite signal was very good. Not sure if related to any updates from DJI or Apple.

I had similar issues with my MA2 in SC. I was not more than 600m (1800ft) and I kept getting signal lost warnings. Was freaking me out. Never had that happened so bad. The drone was not up that high, maybe 100-150'. Had to keep wandering around the yard waving the controller like I was trying to get a cell signal. LOL.

Same issues lately with my A2S. I received an update last night and will test again this afternoon. I'm flying in the same spots as usual. It's happened to me at 40' out to 1200' out. Elevation around 150'.

Reactions: spsphotos
Has vegetation (i.e. leaves) started coming out in your area? That affects range. With all of the trees in my neighborhood, I get more range once the leaves drop.

Has vegetation (i.e. leaves) started coming out in your area? That affects range. With all of the trees in my neighborhood, I get more range once the leaves drop.
Definitely more trees down there, but I've never had this kind of issue before and have flown in much denser areas.

I just purchased an A2S and it’s doing the same thing. Losing signal about 600 feet out. My other drone is a M2P and is rock solid and never had a problem like this. Ready to send it back.

With my MA2 my height was around 20-30 meters, and as mentioned about 300m + then lost RC signal connection, no video display on my fly app on my iPhone screen. Never had this issue previously, was always reliable, but now getting it regularly on distances that were never a problem. So something has changed, but not sure where or what. Was it a DJI update to DJI fly app or an IOS update or RC update that has caused this ? Hope DJI monitors this forum and hopefully comes up with a solution ! This was a reliable drone, but has now become an issue.

So here's an interesting point. I did a factory reset on my RC Pro and 100% of my issues are gone. It flies as well as it ever has...no dropped connections!

No clue why.

So here's an interesting point. I did a factory reset on my RC Pro and 100% of my issues are gone. It flies as well as it ever has...no dropped connections!

No clue why.
If there was some kind update for RC Pro or app, it's possible that some setting got messed up during update.

Reactions: maggior

No clue why.
Hello! Been following this thread as I’m contemplating getting an RC PRO for my Mavic 3. How has your’s been since this post? Especially interested if you’ve had any disconnects!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000