DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 vs Air 2s vs FPV

kbapk

Reactions
Hello. I am new in DJI drones. Now I want buy one. But I can't decide what is better. I want to make some videos. And what to use drone with googles. How I understand FPV drone is not good for video recording. But AIR 2 and Air 2S isn't possible to connect with googles. Can someone give an advice what drone is better. I Sundstrand that they have different uses But I can buy only one

Welcome to Forum.

As of now the Goggles are not compatible but there may be an update in the future with the Air 2S

The Air 2S is an incredible drone and perfect for new beginners. When your new flight time is important as well as just gaining confidence with your drone .

I would tell you to get the Air 2 if it were not for your need for the goggles.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I think there is value in getting a cheap backyard flyer drone to practice flying. Something like the MA2 is so easy to fly it can virtually fly itself, but you still need some skill especially if you find yourself in a predicament, like your phone crashed or the app crashed...what do you do? How do you bring it back without a map or video feed?

I have a cheap DEERC D20 I fly around the trees in my yard. If it crashes, I pick it up, straighten the arms, power it up again and keep going. It's small and light but the sticks function the same and the concepts are the same. Forget the camera, just fly it line of sight. Get used to flying in different orientations, like toward you along the front of you.

Not saying not to get a MA2, but I'd practice in parallel with a "beater". I find I enjoy my MA2 because of doing that.

No, the FPV only works with goggles. You can get a video feed on the phone but it has to be connected to the goggles, and you have no telemetry info anywhere other than in the goggles.

I say buy the Air2s and be patient. Eventually DJI will come out with an SDK kit and some third party solutions for various tasks and accessories will become available.

You say you're "new to *DJI* drones. How much flying experience do you actually have? The DJI FPV is not a beginner drone and is capable of reaching almost 100 mph. The DJI FPV drone looks fun for someone who hasn't flown FPV before. You'll want (need) to spend hours in the simulator before you should even attempt to fly it while and Air2s can pretty much be flown satisfactorily on day 1. It will not have the same filming advantages of the Air2s, but does have acrobatic capability. However, from the reviews I've seen the FPV drone isn't as rugged or modular as other FPV drones. It is not designed to withstand crashes well and if you crash it you need to be prepared to spend hundreds (or thousands) of whatever currency your country deals in to get it fixed.

If I had the kind of money to buy, learn to fly and maintain the DJI FPV drone I'd buy two and keep one as a spare for when the other is in the shop. But hey... that's just me.

yes I know that I can't legally flight without spotter.
Yeah, that's gotta be an issue for FPV pilots. I'd like one, but what happens if you are seen by a gov official without a friend next to you. I know many police don't know that rule, but they all will eventually. I have seen numerous youtube videos of people flying alone with their new DJI FPV drones. Not very smart. We've all learned the FAA can fine you, especially when you post the evidence on youtube.

Yeah, that's gotta be an issue for FPV pilots. I'd like one, but what happens if you are seen by a gov official without a friend next to you. I know many police don't know that rule, but they all will eventually. I have seen numerous youtube videos of people flying alone with their new DJI FPV drones. Not very smart. We've all learned the FAA can fine you, especially when you post the evidence on youtube.
But what about using mini 2 version. I understand that only this drone I can use in city? For other drones I need permission to flight. How in Europe now with flighing with air drones?

But what about using mini 2 version. I understand that only this drone I can use in city? For other drones I need permission to flight. How in Europe now with flighing with air drones?
As far as I know the USA FAA allows temporary flight over people and cars as the drone flies from it's take off point to a specific destination and back again. Repeatedly doing so is against the rules. So any drone can fly through a city, it just can't sustain flight in a specific area. No loitering basically, no hovering, no repeated pass overs. I don't think the US FAA specifies cities as a no fly zone. It's just about moving vehicles and groups of people. You can fly in a city as long as you can see the drone and the streets are pretty much empty. To hover over people with a mini, I think you can do it with most drones under a certain weight as long as the blades are fully protected to the point of keeping them from cutting someone. I don't fly in cities, so I haven't read the specifics. You have struck my curiosity, I think I will do some more statute reading.

You'll want to check on Latvian drone operation rules. It is possible that you'll want to stay under 250 gr. If that is the case... then you'll want the Mini 2. It's a very capable drone for fun flying and photography. No easy way to fly it FPV, at least so far, and I doubt if it will ever be made to work with goggles except, perhaps, by cobbling something together.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929