DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 vs Pro 2,

Mr. Noob

Reactions
I’m already getting the itch to get a bigger drone than the Mini I’m currently flying (no surprise to anyone I’m sure) and looking at the Air 2 and Pro 2. I don’t really notice differences except price. I’m probably missing or not comprehending the differences. I know it’s subjective to each person, but I’d like pros and cons of each, in your opinion.

@Mr. Noob they are very similar in capabilities as far as flying is concerned the camera of the M2P probably has the edge, and its really whether you want well documented and proven 2 year old technology, or something that is still under development ,with regards to the flight envelope and also the fly App ,also you need to look at ongoing costs such as the cost of a battery for each drone, and the fact that there will come a day when the GO4 App that the M2P uses may become obsolete

I have no experience with the Air2. However, I did move up from the MPP to the M2P and noticed a huge difference in flight capability and camera. Primarily with what @Thomas B said, and the fact I am enamored with the HLG profile.

I’m already getting the itch to get a bigger drone than the Mini I’m currently flying (no surprise to anyone I’m sure) and looking at the Air 2 and Pro 2. I don’t really notice differences except price. I’m probably missing or not comprehending the differences. I know it’s subjective to each person, but I’d like pros and cons of each, in your opinion.
If photography is a priority, the Mavic 2 pro has a lot more to offer with a much bigger sensor and a controllable aperture.
If that doesn't mean much to you, the Air 2 would be fine.

As @Meta4 mentions, the M2P has a larger camera sensor versus the MA2, and one thing this results in is better low light and night capabilities. I have both, and if photographs are important, I use the M2P. If I just want to fly for fun, then it's the MA2. As mentioned by @old man mavic, the M2P uses the GO4 flight app which would be new to you, but it's fairly intuitive, so that would just take time to get used to. IMO, the bottom line is the camera capability in low light and night operations. The MA2 takes wonderful photos on a bright and sunny day. Even a bit of cloud cover can seriously affect the MA2's camera capabilities, so that is probably the biggest thing to consider.

The camera is much more controllable and better in lowlight situations with the two pro, it’s better than wind, and I also just find the go 4 app better than the fly app. It just shows more interesting detail the two pro also has expo settings for control

I use both, and prefer the video capabilities of the M2P, but also love the 4k/60fps of the MA2. For low-light I use M2P only. The wind resistance is great on both (MA2/Fly app seldom complaints at all). The wind resistance of M2P is really impressive, have flown it under pretty extreme conditions. My SC controls both, very convenient.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803