DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 won't let me delete files from the micro sd card

FhvnEd

Reactions
Just bought the Air 2. Already have the Pro 2 and the Zoom, but needed something for tighter quarters. Normally, as I have always done, I remove the card from the drone, stick it into a card reader and work with them from the laptop. Copy the files from the card into a folder and delete from the card. Easy/Peasy. Well, it is with the Pro 2 and the Zoom. Even works that way with the little Osmo Pocket. Other folks seem to have similar problems and a couple commentors suggested the write-protect tab was on. Really? on a micro sd card? Ultimately had to resort to formatting the card to delete the files. Never had this problem before. Used three different brand readers. I've never hooked the drone up to the computer unless I'm forced to. Most upgrades (firmware/software) are done with the controller and the drone turned on sitting on my desk. I'm not sure this a card issue, since it's a 64GB card which meets all the specs. So I'm stumped..... (not that stumping me is all that hard.)

Watching. I’m a sponge.
Still collecting info on the 2 to see if I want one.

Other folks seem to have similar problems and a couple commentors suggested the write-protect tab was on. Really? on a micro sd card?
That's a reasonable suggestion.
If you used a normal sized SD card adapter, those have a sliding write-protect tab.
Otherwise it's hard to think what the issue might be.
Ultimately had to resort to formatting the card to delete the files.
There's nothing wrong about formatting the card.
Lots of photographers do it after copying their image files across.
It's the standard process for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb