DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Any chronic issue?

Zorzi

Reactions
Hello pilots, I'm thinking of upgrading from a Mavic Pro to an Air 2S next year. I just would like to hear from you if there is any chronic issue or anything else that I should care before doing this (expensive) move. A few things to consider:
- a Mavic Mini 2 was an option, but I use my drone in windy conditions frequently, so a heavier/more powerful drone is really an advantage
- I use my drone for leisure only, I'm not paranoid about image quality, although, of course, I will prefer to get the best quality possible for the money
- a Mavic Air 2 may be an option, as it is considerably cheaper than the 2S

Thank you!!

Zorzi

We have tested out many facets of the Air 2S as can be seen on our website and its gets the Gold Star.

If there was one thing I would like to have is the Zoom Feature in the Pictures modes.

This is only advantage of the Mini 2 which has the zoom feature in Picture mode , other than that , its been pretty flawless.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on the Water

Reactions: Zorzi and tlswift58
We have tested out many facets of the Air 2S as can be seen on our website and its gets the Gold Star.

If there was one thing I would like to have is the Zoom Feature in the Pictures modes.

This is only advantage of the Mini 2 which has the zoom feature in Picture mode , other than that , its been pretty flawless.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on the Water
The Mini 2 has QuickTransfer mode, while the DJI Air 2S does not.

It would be nice if DJI could add the QuickTransfer mode feature to the Air 2S. The 5.4K videos are much larger than the 4K videos the Mini 2 "needs" for the QuickTransfer system.

Last edited:
Both the Air 2 and the Air 2S are exceptional. For someone not too critical of image quality there is no big advantage to the Air 2S. Watch some footage in comparison videos on YouTube and you may decide to save some dollars.

The Air 2S has a little better range, and a bigger camera, these features are barely noticeable in casual use. One true advantage in the Air 2S is the obstacle avoidance. The OA on the 2S is better both in the two extra sensors and in the way that the software works to avoid objects. I often fly low over narrow rivers with lots of trees on both banks and rely on the OA to keep me out of trouble as its hard to judge distance. If you fly above the trees, its another feature that will go unnoticed.

Reactions: Zorzi and tlswift58
The Mini 2 has QuickTransfer mode, while the DJI Air 2S does not.

It would be nice if DJI could add the QuickTransfer mode feature to the Air 2S. The 5.4K videos are much larger than the 4K videos the Mini 2 "needs" for the QuickTransfer system.
Yes I love the Quick Transfer mode on the Mini2 and miss it on the Air 2S.

Reactions: Zorzi and pommy
I don't think the A2S is very much of an upgrade to your M2P, unless the craft size or digital zoom is important to your use case. A true upgrade to the M2P will likely be the M3P, soon to be released. I would delay your decision until the M3P is released and validated by users in this forum.

Reactions: Zorzi
The Air 2 and Air 2S might seem similar, so here are the actual changes to help you decide if the additional cost is worth it to you:

– Increased resolution to 5.4K (30FPS), recording up to 150Mbps including 10-bit D-Log
– Switched to a 1” sensor, with F/2.8 @ 22mm
– Switched to 20MP photos with JPG+RAW
– Added MasterShots, which are essentially a series of automated shots for a given subject, compiled into a video with music
– Added zoom function, up to 4X zoom for 4K/30, 3X for 4K/60, and 8X for 1080P
– Added upwards facing obstacle avoidance sensors
– Increased frontwards obstacle avoidance sensor speed from 43KPH to 54KPH
– Added APAS 4.0 to detect obstacles better using new sensors
– Added ActiveTrack 4.0 with faster object tracking detection
– Added ADS-B AirSense, which detects flying aircraft and alerts you
– Switched to O3 (OcuSync 3.0), which increases range from 10KM to 12KM using 4 antenna instead of 2 antenna
– Increased weight from 570g to 595g
– Decreased battery time slightly from 34mins to 31mins (but uses exact same battery as before)

??

The Air 2 and Air 2S might seem similar, so here are the actual changes to help you decide if the additional cost is worth it to you:

– Increased resolution to 5.4K (30FPS), recording up to 150Mbps including 10-bit D-Log
– Added MasterShots, which are essentially a series of automated shots for a given subject, compiled into a video with music
– Switched to O3 (OcuSync 3.0), which increases range from 10KM to 12KM using 4 antenna instead of 2 antenna
– Decreased battery time slightly from 34mins to 31mins (but uses exact same battery as before)

??
A few corrections:
4K 60fps = Zoom Unavailable
Mavic Air 2 = AirSense Available

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Both the Air 2 and the Air 2S are exceptional. For someone not too critical of image quality there is no big advantage to the Air 2S. Watch some footage in comparison videos on YouTube and you may decide to save some dollars.

The Air 2S has a little better range, and a bigger camera, these features are barely noticeable in casual use. One true advantage in the Air 2S is the obstacle avoidance. The OA on the 2S is better both in the two extra sensors and in the way that the software works to avoid objects. I often fly low over narrow rivers with lots of trees on both banks and rely on the OA to keep me out of trouble as its hard to judge distance. If you fly above the trees, its another feature that will go unnoticed.
Yeah, for my kind of use, not sure if the improved image quality is enough to justify the extra cost. The extra sensors are indeed a great addition, it may save you the aircraft. Thank you!

I don't think the A2S is very much of an upgrade to your M2P, unless the craft size or digital zoom is important to your use case. A true upgrade to the M2P will likely be the M3P, soon to be released. I would delay your decision until the M3P is released and validated by users in this forum.
Actually I currently have an M1P, so I guess even the A2 would be a reasonable upgrade. The M3P for sure will be out of my pockets hehehe. Thank you!

Reactions: pommy

??
Thank you for taking the time to list these differences and for the corrections. For sure these will help me decide when the time comes for the upgrade. Thank you!!

Reactions: pommy
M3P will be much more expensive than A2S…probably not worth for no proffesional users, OP is questioning if A2S worths the money and you add a quite even expensive option

M3P will be much more expensive than A2S…probably not worth for no proffesional users, OP is questioning if A2S worths the money and you add a quite even expensive option
John Locke said:
I don't think the A2S is very much of an upgrade to your M2P.”

However, the OP doesn’t have a M2P

“Hello pilots, I'm thinking of upgrading from a Mavic Pro to an Air 2S next year”.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103