DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s - any reason why it's price is being discounted sporadically?

AnDronioBanderos

Reactions
Hi all

I sold my much loved Air 2 fly more combo after the Air 2s came out as I really liked the upgrades to the camera, although like every one, I'd love to have seen side sensors. :)

I've held off buying the Air 2s combo purely because I have been moving house and other stuff that just didn't give me time to fly.

A question for you guys? I've noticed the Air 2s being discounted from time by about 200 on the fly more combo

Does anyone know why it's being discounted already? Seems unusual for dji. Although I've seen the fpv model getting occasional discounts.

Im hoping to pick one up later today but if there is a reason it's being discounted, I'd love to know before I part with my money.

Possibly to get sales before the next mavic pro 3 or something?

I will admit to contemplating buying the mini 2 as a stop gap and waiting for the mavic pro 3 but I had a mini 1 before the air 2 and preferred the air 2 in almost every way.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
If relevant to you, could it be that it does not fall within pending rule changes e.g. the CE marking scheme?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Perhaps you should wait & see what this is about ...

View attachment 134327
Thanks for posting this, wonder what it's really about? So much speculation online too.

If relevant to you, could it be that it does not fall within pending rule changes e.g. the CE marking scheme?

That is definitely something that could affect me over here in Ireland. I don't generally fly near people but the proposed 'rules' are a concern when buying a drone now.

The uncertainty that the drones may/may not be retro certified when the legislation changes is ridiculous but anything could happen in the next year so I don't want to wait that long.

The retailer has said I can buy at the discounted price today as the offer already ended at midnight.

I might pick it up and try to resist the urge to open it for a few days in case something pops up as I would be OK to return it.

I do not think there is any uncertainty about retro fitting a CE classification to a drone, every thing I have seen says it will not happen nor be possible i.e. if it isn't supplied with one by the manufacturer then it won't get one. I'd be delighted to be wrong but........

I do not think there is any uncertainty about retro fitting a CE classification to a drone, every thing I have seen says it will not happen nor be possible i.e. if it isn't supplied with one by the manufacturer then it won't get one. I'd be delighted to be wrong but........
Thanks PhiliusFoggg

I've not been on top of the subject for a while but I saw one of the clips recently that said that maybe it will possible for drones from the air 2s forwards but other clips I've watched today say pretty much what you just said.

They don't make decisions easy! :confused:

I might regret buying a drone this late in the year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Who knows, the retail prices of NEW non CE marked drones may plummet once the marking comes in????

Hopefully they will come up with a better solution before they let that happen!

I took the plunge and collected it earlier but have 30 days for a full refund provided I can resist opening it ?

Over 200 euro of a saving also.

uX7DP32.jpg

Hopefully they will come up with a better solution before they let that happen!

I took the plunge and collected it earlier but have 30 days for a full refund provided I can resist opening it ?

Over 200 euro of a saving also.

uX7DP32.jpg
Don't open it! Wait for a few days until this "thing" DJI are advertising is explained. Hand on heart - the Air 2S is the only drone from DJI that I've been unimpressed with.

Each time I fly it, there's something else wrong with it. (Distance issues/bobbing up and down/controls not responding/Fly app changing settings by itself/picture quality - was great out of the box, now it's degraded (firmware?) don't know, don't care.

It's not a pleasure to fly and I regret buying it, but I have to keep it as it cost me $$$$'s.

Others may love it, but this is my 4th (and last) drone from DJI. I won't buy another.

If I was in your situation, I'd wait to avoid buyers remorse - it's not a good feeling!

All the best mate :)

@pommy Thanks for the advice dude Thumbswayup

Sorry to read about the trouble you've been having. ☹️

Im going to try hold off opening it for a few days.

The price was pretty decent with the discount though so a great saving all the same.

Hopefully there is something droney in this announcement and not just the osmo thing.

Reactions: pommy
Hi all

I sold my much loved Air 2 fly more combo after the Air 2s came out as I really liked the upgrades to the camera, although like every one, I'd love to have seen side sensors. :)

I've held off buying the Air 2s combo purely because I have been moving house and other stuff that just didn't give me time to fly.

A question for you guys? I've noticed the Air 2s being discounted from time by about 200 on the fly more combo

Does anyone know why it's being discounted already? Seems unusual for dji. Although I've seen the fpv model getting occasional discounts.

Im hoping to pick one up later today but if there is a reason it's being discounted, I'd love to know before I part with my money.

Possibly to get sales before the next mavic pro 3 or something?

I will admit to contemplating buying the mini 2 as a stop gap and waiting for the mavic pro 3 but I had a mini 1 before the air 2 and preferred the air 2 in almost every way.

Thanks in advance for your input.
What website has had the Air 2S on sale? I would love to buy one for $200 off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000